Listing
   >> eBay Stores
Thread views: 6162 *Threaded Mode

LennyS
(Unregistered)
09/23/03 02:19 PM
Mixed up Numbers in Store  

I have an unusual problem - I had an item in my store for sale (4 of them) and they all sold. One person, bought 3. I relisted the items (with 14 available) and for some reason, AW2000 assigned a new (the re-list) number to that customer's purchases. They do not match the eBay number that he bought. What could be causing this. Also, anyone else having a problem with the Store purchases showiing up on the My eBay page when they are sold?

Tradeguy
(member)
09/24/03 08:04 AM
Re: Mixed up Numbers in Store new [re: LennyS]  

I had to think hard about what you were saying...cause while I only sell fixed priced auctions and store items, I realized I had not ever sold out of a store item and then tried to relist it. I'm guessing that the problem has something to do with the way aw2k handles store items, because this wouldn't be possible with a multi-item fixed price auction.

Normally, even if only 1 of many items sells in a fixed price auction, AW2K closes the entire auction once it's over. So if you wanted to relist it, you'd have to create a new auction lot from inventory (or at least duplicate the closed auction lot).

I just was looking thru my records and I found a few of my photo store items that got sold out - and you know what...the status is "offline" and not "sold and shipping" as it should be. That's where your problem came from. Since it's "offline", aw2k will let me queue it - but Ebay is going to give it a new auction ID (you can't relist them with the same ID like you can an unsold auction item). BUT...it's gonna have the same AW2K auction lot number - so all records associated with that auction lot are going to be updated with a new Ebay auction ID (at least that's how it looks to me). AW2K should handle store items the same way it handles fixed price multi-item auctions and never flag them "offline" if any of the items sell (they should be flagged as one of the "sold" flags).

Right now your only solution is to manually alter the emails referencing the new ID, and perhaps put a note in the file about the ID issue. In the future (or until Thom fixes this glitch), you'll need to make sure you are listing with a new aw2k auction lot number - that way it won't affect old sales - you can either duplicate the lot, or create a new one from inventory.

Hopefully Thom will read this an fix it... ;-)

Hope that helps!
Rich

*Threaded Mode
Jump to

www.AuctionWizard2000.com | Contact Us Forums powered by WWWThreads