Cancelling a GTC item new  

As usual, eBay Help files don't.

How do I cancel a GTC Store item?

Thanks, tictictic

substance292
(stranger )
04/20/06 08:03 PM
Re: Cancelling a GTC item new [re: tictictic_OnEbay]  

Hi there. In "My Ebay", the little box on the right of the item listing that says "Send to Online Auction". Click the arrow and then "End Item" is second from the bottom. That's how I do it :)

tictictic_OnEbay
(journeyman)
04/20/06 09:27 PM
Re: Cancelling a GTC item [re: substance292]  

I never clicked on that button because I thought it would actually do what the button says -- send it to regular auction. Timid of me, huh?

Today, I chatted with Live Help and was told to go to the page where you can end any auction early (paste item ID into box). That's what I did, but I thought there must be a more direct method. So thanks for cluing me in. It never ceases to amaze me that Help files are so extremely unhelpful. I searched on every possible keyword -- nada!

I sent a suggestion to eBay that we should be able to go to Manage My Store, check the boxes for the auctions we want to cancel, click Edit, and then Cancel, and whoosh! -- all gone. But that'll never happen -- too logical.

Thanks again, tictictic

substance292
(stranger )
04/20/06 10:56 PM

Well it does, but not if you click only the arrow. I'm with you on that suggestion. It would be sooooo helpful if eBay let us bulk cancel store listings. I suppose that ending listings is not something that they want to make easy for us :)

tictictic_OnEbay
(journeyman)
04/21/06 01:45 AM
Re: Cancelling a GTC item new [re: substance292]  

Substance292 wrote: "I suppose that ending listings is not something that they want to make easy for us"

My thoughts exactly.

substance292
(stranger )
06/03/06 11:26 PM

TicTicTic - Guess what I just found out? It is possible to end several store inventory listings all at once! When you view all items you are selling there is a box at the upper right corner of the list. Choose store inventory format and then an "End" button appears alongside the others at the top. Boy this is gonna save me time!!

Previous threadView all threadsNext thread*Threaded Mode
Jump to

www.AuctionWizard2000.com | Contact Us Forums powered by WWWThreads