Listing
   >> eBay Stores
Thread views: 21989 *Threaded Mode

Pages in this thread: 1 | 2 | (show all)
AquilaStamps
(enthusiast)
11/27/06 09:29 AM
Best Offer  

I'm not sure this question applies to many AW2K users however, from time to time I have wanted to enable the "Make Best Offer". This is a feature in the eBay store section where a potential buyer can click on the link and make an offer for the item - obviously usually lower than the price the seller has indicated.

I usually don't want this on many of my store items. However, there are times when I have a few items that I would like to enable this feature. But the only way to do it is just before the lots are uploaded - and then one places a check mark in the Additional Options section on the right hand part of the listing page. In order to use this option I have had to list all of the items separately or in a small group and then remember NOT to save the settings when I have finished listing.

Now for the question - Is there any way possible to enable this feature on the individual auction lot page. Everything else pertaining to the auction is on that page - price, buy it now etc. I have searched but can't find any way to do the "make an offer" thingie on the auction page. Is there a way anyone else is doing this that is easier? I know Thom has tons of things on his todo list. Maybe this should be added to that list. Or is it something that only I would find useful?

Garry

bluepennylady
(addict)
11/27/06 09:39 AM
Re: Best Offer new [re: AquilaStamps]  

Garry,

I think that is on the suggestion list but you might ought to email Thom with the request and reason why it is needed.

The only thing some other users are doing that I know of, is they created a Best Offer profile and change the Auction profile in the Grid view for the few auctions they want it on.

Judy/blue

AquilaStamps
(enthusiast)
11/27/06 10:01 AM
Re: Best Offer new [re: bluepennylady]  

Judy:
Thanks for the tip about a different profile. I could do that at will - change the profile as needed when working on a particular item.

As for emailing Thom - I'll do that shortly. It would (IMHO) be a great deal easier to have that function on the listing page rather on auction detail page where "housekeeping" and repeatable info is kept.

Thanks again for the tip and I'll give it a try for some "stuff" being uploaded today.

Garry

bluepennylady
(addict)
11/27/06 10:27 AM

Garry,

Off to the Typing salt mines for you then. 'Cause you are beeehiinnnd and need to get caught up

I won't say how far behind I am.

Judy/blue

AquilaStamps
(enthusiast)
11/27/06 10:40 AM

Judy:

I'm Soooooooooooo far behind . I started to put a dent in it yesterday and did fairly well. Today I've been at it since 5:30 and can't even begin to see the bottom of the pile. So it's type type type.

I can only hope you're not that far behind. I wouldn't wish that on anyone.

Garry

bluepennylady
(addict)
11/27/06 10:43 AM

Garry,

With 30,000 sq ft completely full, I can't even begin to tell you how big the pile is. The warehouse computer room is completely lined with boxes of product. But the staff is working on the gift shop that just came in so I can get it listed this week for Christmas. Light ballasts will just have to wait

Judy/blue

grumpy3b
(newbie)
02/21/07 01:32 AM

oh, goodness, would you two stop comparing to see who's is bigger?

hehehehe....runs from thread...ok, so it was a MONTH late posting...it's still funny to me! ;)

BTW, I have thought about the idea of asking Thom to move some settings to each listing. Almost always I come to realize that such a change goes against the work flow of aw2k.

As a rule, Aw2k is based around groups. We create items then assign items to some group before listing. In this case the groups are Auction Profiles. Like BPL mentioned people are using Auction Profiles which is the correct way things need to work in aw2k to keep it all consistent.

I just wish we had access to the final "Listing Profile" outside when submitting listings. Now THAT is something I think would be a better benefit to many. Perhaps a new "Listing Profile" group that we can assign to an Auction Profile...or visa versa...still have not thought that suggestion through enough though. It would likely be a big programming change and might not be all that worth the effort when it all shakes out.

bluepennylady
(old hand)
02/21/07 05:05 AM
Re: Best Offer new [re: grumpy3b]  

grumpy3b

Come out, come out whereever you are!! No running from the thread and hiding. Alleee, Allee, in free!!

Hey, I'm not very big---why I am a tee tiny little bitty girl. It is only my warehouse that is overwhelming. In fact, I was being overwhelmed just yesterday

What do you mean a new Listing profile we can assign to an auction profile outside when submitting listings. I think I am tracking with you.

Judy/blue

AquilaStamps
(enthusiast)
02/21/07 07:58 AM
Re: Best Offer new [re: grumpy3b]  

Well I'm truly not big or large or gigantic or any such thing. I Just have lots of typing for each item. I'm a very small frog that will never be a prince in the big pond of eBay. LOL

Thanks for the observation though

Garry

bluepennylady
(old hand)
02/21/07 08:26 AM

I am not big either, I just have lots of stuff. And my hubby keeps buying more stuff to stack on top of the stuff already stacked on top of stuff waiting to be unstuffed, entered into Aw2K and auctioned off.

Hey, maybe you can be the Frog Prince and I can be the frog princess. If I give you a kiss, will we miraculously blossom into something else???

Judy/blue

Pages in this thread: 1 | 2 | (show all)
*Threaded Mode
Jump to

www.AuctionWizard2000.com | Contact Us Forums powered by WWWThreads