Listing
   >> eBay Stores
Thread views: 22130 Previous threadView all threadsNext thread*Threaded Mode

Pages in this thread: 1 | 2 | (show all)
mainesail
(stranger )
03/14/07 11:37 AM
Import Store Categories  

Hey All,

I'm moving into the wide world of stores, having a problem. Created a bunch of stores categories. Used the import proceedure as ouitlined. Got a confirmation message saying import completed. WHERE are they??-appreciate any guidance. Will

bluepennylady
(old hand)
03/14/07 11:44 AM
Re: Import Store Categories new [re: mainesail]  

HI,

Welcome to the eBay stores world!!

You will find the Store categories located on the Auction lots, Additional fields tab. Labeld Store Category, Second Store category. Click the down arrow on the right side of the blank field and the categories will appear.

In the Inventory Items tab/window, you will find the Store Categories located in the Auction information button, lower left side of the displayed window.

Does that help??

Judy/blue

mainesail
(stranger )
03/14/07 12:28 PM
Re: Import Store Categories new [re: bluepennylady]  

Hey, Thanks so much. 400+ auctions and there's still alot of territory yet unseen. Got me on my way. Appreciate your assistance and from what I can see lot of folks benefit from your expereience.

Regards,

Will from norumbegabooks

bluepennylady
(old hand)
03/14/07 12:30 PM

HI,

Excellent! That is good news indeed. I am glad that helped you.

Something you might consider before you actually go through and add all your STore categories, is to alphabetize your categories on eBay, then import them. They are much easier to find in the drop down list when the categories are in alphabetical order

Just a thought. Let me know if you need more help. Don't mind a bit.

Judy/blue

mainesail
(stranger )
03/14/07 06:24 PM

Hi Judy, I did so and with almost 50 categories so far, you're absolutely right. While I have your ear-I'm transitioning some auctions into stores and want to be rid of the ebay category and use mine- can't seem to delete the ebay one-right click or anythinbg else. I inserted mine too. Well, I'm listing now- will know what happens soon. Regards, Will

bluepennylady
(old hand)
03/14/07 06:56 PM

HI,

You must be referring the eBay category that is displayed on the Auction lot under the Auction Title line?? If so, you cannot get rid of that category. All auctions, regardless of format, must be submitted in a regular Category.

The eBay Store categories are user defined by you. You get to set up your store the way you like it. And the "search" box inside your store, searches your eBay store only. Not the entire site.

The "Search" box on the top of every page, searches the entire eBay site.

you want to submit your Auctions to eBay categories as well as your very own user defined categories. Your store Auctions will pull up in some of the regular searches. That is if there are 20 or less of a particular item. So it is a good thing to submit to the eBay defined categories as well as your eBay store.

don't forget to update your AW2K program every Tuesday afternoon. Go to Tools | Check for program updates. Every single week eBay changes categories and Item specifics. AW2000 tech support always releases those updates usually on Tuesday sometime. Or that is when I find them anyway

Hope that helps??

Good luck listing.

Judy/blue

mainesail
(stranger )
03/17/07 02:10 PM

Hi, I'm still struggling with this issue. I'm a little confused on a couple of comments, Judy. I'm assuming that I must include an ebay category if I'm just listing to my store. So far, I've just been switching listings from auction to store, which already have an ebay category attached, which appears unremovable. I will begin to go straight to store with some soon. Of the 20 or so listings I have posted in my store (all from auction status), many have been dumped into the "other" file. My auctions have been dumped in there also-cluttering up the place, in a way. Should I create a stores category for every listing, whether auction or store- sounds like I should.;

Greeting from the rain on top of snow-flood warned- coast of Maine, Will

bluepennylady
(old hand)
03/17/07 02:21 PM

Will,

HI from "sunny today for a change in Kansas"

A Couple of things could come into play when you have the "other" error. Either you didn't go back to that particular auction lot and changed the Store category after you imported. Or you never assigned a store category.

It is sort of confusing at first when you start dealing with the Store. Let me see if I can help a bit.

For any Auction lot created, regardless, you must assign a category in 3 fields. The first field is the eBay category. That field is right under the Title line on the Auction lot window. The eBay category field is in the "Category, Shipping options and Item Specifics" tab in the Inventory Items window. All Auction lots for any Auction site are required to have a category. Overstock, Yahoo, eBay. They all have categories.

Now the eBay store categories are the categories you make up yourself. All Auction lots submitted go into a Store category as well. If you don't define where they go, they will all go into the "Other" category.

Does that help?

Just so you will know, you can go to eBay and move Auctions to different Store categories. Just be sure to change the STore category field values in AW2K to match where you moved the Auction lot to.

Judy/blue

mainesail
(stranger )
03/17/07 02:45 PM

Hi Judy,

Do you live at the monitor (like me these days)? Well I was closer than I thought. I had in fact not added store categories to a number that I thought I had. Don't even get me started on the inventory stuff yet, I'm still working with getting things found, brought home listed and out. Starting to be a real job-powerseller around the corner.

As an aside, what's your opinion of Google Base and similar methods of driving views- do Google base referrlsl count toward the Final value fee credit?

Well, I've taken too much of your time- ever in Maine get in touch, I'll give the 10 cent tour. Regards, Will

bluepennylady
(old hand)
03/17/07 03:01 PM

Will,

Yes I live in front of a monitor almost 24/7 Well during the week. On the weekends, if I work on Saturday, I am always online. Sunday I only check in during the day off and on to be sure there isn't a problem someone needs help with. Today I am off work, at home, digging out this house of mine and doing the mountain of laundry. AND working on two computer systems that need work. So I am online

When you are ready to do Inventory Item, let me know. I'll be happy to help. I use Inventory Items for everything, even qty one. as there are some reports and fields in reports that are not accessible if you don't use Inventory.

I think google Base store connector is a must. In fact, the Seller's Outreach consultants encourage sellers to submit their auctions using the Store connector. IF I remember to update my Store connector a couple of times a week, I notice a significant upswing in sales. It works. Anyone that hits a Store listing and purchases during that browser session, qualifies the sale for a Store referral credit. Or that is my understanding anyway. You see, they are entering the eBay site from off eBay and have to sign in. Someone else may have different information. But that has been my understanding.

Well, if you get to Kansas, drop by, we'll give you the tour only on a 4 wheeler or horseback

Judy/blue

Pages in this thread: 1 | 2 | (show all)
Previous threadView all threadsNext thread*Threaded Mode
Jump to

www.AuctionWizard2000.com | Contact Us Forums powered by WWWThreads