Listing
   >> eBay Stores
Thread views: 25814 Previous threadView all threadsNext thread*Threaded Mode

Pages in this thread: 1 | 2 | (show all)
Ned
(newbie)
05/06/07 05:09 PM
1st Time Store LIsting: Store Inventory Format?  

I attempted to list my first item since opening my eBay store. Things seem to have gone smoothly. Listing's up in the Items I'm Selling list. Oops, not in my store.

Think, think. Hey, there's a button that allows me to transfer the item to the store. I'm saved!

Wrong. When I click that button, I'm told I can only do that if the listing is in Store Inventory Format.

And now the problem. I've looked at eBay Help. I've looked at AW2K Help. I've looked back in this board. What the devil is Store Inventory Format? What do I do to make one?

Ned

bluepennylady
(old hand)
05/06/07 05:23 PM
Re: 1st Time Store LIsting: Store Inventory Format? new [re: Ned]  

Ned,

You need to create an eBay store Auction profile in Aw2000. Then when creating an Auction lot, you elect whether you want the item to go to the regular eBay auction or to the eBay store.

Go to File | Auction Profiles. In the Auction site field, select eBay store as the value.
The Auction Site user id is your user id, not the eBay store name. Complete all the fields just like you did for your regular eBay Auction profile as the fields apply to your eBay store.

After you create the eBay store Auction profile, when an auction lot status is "Offline, Never listed, Hold, you can change the Auction profile by selecting the drop down. OR you can highlight records in the Grid View, right click and select "Change Auction Profile to".

Does that help?

Judy/blue

Ned
(newbie)
05/06/07 05:39 PM
Re: 1st Time Store LIsting: Store Inventory Forma new [re: bluepennylady]  

Though I had set up a Profile for the store, I didn't have it set to be an "eBay Store". After changing that there were a few other fiddly bits to deal with. The store listing is up. Miller time.

Thanks very much Judy for pointing me to the right area.

Ned

bluepennylady
(old hand)
05/06/07 05:44 PM
Re: 1st Time Store LIsting: Store Inventory Forma new [re: Ned]  

Ned,

Cool!

Send me a link. I want to see your eBay Store!!!!!

Judy/blue

Ned
(newbie)
05/06/07 05:48 PM

Judy,

http://stores.ebay.com/STU-Drills_W0QQsspagenameZMEQ3aFQ3aSTQQtZkm

While you're looking, any suggestions on how to get rid of the first listing in the store--that's the one that failed. I deleted the auciton listing, but can't seem to get rid of the store one.

There's still a lot of work to do, in addition to listing a bunch more stuff.

Thanks again,
Ned

bluepennylady
(old hand)
05/06/07 06:14 PM

Ned,

Do you mean you do not want "Screw Machine Stub Drill 118° #9 NEW" listed?

If you are wanting to end that auction, you can do so by opening the listing. On the Title page right above the first image, is an option to End item.

You selected a great Store Theme. There are only two Store Themes that are searchable and you selected one of them. The header in your Store Theme is searchable. Not only in eBay but in organic natural searches. So use the place for inserting your own text for key search words of items you are currently offering.

You can also add another line directly under the Store Theme header that is searchable as well. You'll find that option in "Manage Store | Feature List | eBay Header Style.

Way to go!!

Judy/blue

Ned
(newbie)
05/06/07 06:42 PM

Judy,

There were 2 of the #9 listings. Seems I did succeed in deleting the first one, but there was considerable lag before it disappeared from my store. It has now.

Thanks for the encouragement. I'm going to go stare at TV for a while, but bright and early tomorrow...

Ned

bluepennylady
(old hand)
05/06/07 07:16 PM

Ned,

I understand completely.

Have a great evening!

Judy/blue

moonstruck22
(journeyman)
05/06/07 07:40 PM

Judy,
Tell us more on the searchable store theme topic.
If I don't have a searchable one I sure would like to!
I didn't know that there was or wasn't such thing, please enlighten us!

Thanks,

Marty

bluepennylady
(old hand)
05/06/07 07:50 PM
Re: 1st Time Store LIsting: Store Inventory Forma new [re: moonstruck22]  

Marty,

Sure, Of all the Store Theme options, only two have headers that are searchable. Meaning the words used in the Header can pull up in eBay and Internet searches. The only searchable Store Themes are the "Classical Top and Classic Left"

Keep in mind, you can customize any of the colors on any Theme. So if you like the Fuschia color you can always copy down the hexadecimal for the colors and customize the other Store Theme to those colors.

If you look at my Store Theme header for instance, I have brand names as well as category types. "Clothing, hoodies, plumbing, etc" Then I'll use Uvex. Willson, etc. And I change the terms according to what I am listing. Or what I have on sale in the Mark Down manager as well as what I am uploading to Google Base.

Be sure and enable your Store header as well as categories to appear in all your listings. That way when a prospective buyer views one of your regular auctions, they get the sense of being in your store. And with your Store Categories running down the side, they are more likely to click on one of your Store Categories.

The Ebay header style is also searchable. It is an unseen line directly under the Store Theme. You can do the same thing with it. Search words, specials, announce new product line, etc.

Does that make sense or help at all?

Judy/blue

Pages in this thread: 1 | 2 | (show all)
Previous threadView all threadsNext thread*Threaded Mode
Jump to

www.AuctionWizard2000.com | Contact Us Forums powered by WWWThreads