Listing
   >> eBay Stores
Thread views: 8818 Previous threadView all threadsNext thread*Threaded Mode

Ned
(journeyman)
05/23/07 06:53 AM
What happens after a month? new  

What happens after a store listing's been there for 30 days?

Do you simply check a box somewhere to say you want to spend another nickel on another month?

Or do you need to relist, and get assigned a new eBay item number?

Are you warned when a listing is about to expire?

Ned

AquilaStamps
(enthusiast)
05/23/07 07:51 AM
Re: What happens after a month? [re: Ned]  

Ned:
After 30 days a store listing automatically expires. They don't give you a warning they are about to expire but if you subscribe to eBay notification emails you will get an email saying the store item has closed.

What I do is go to the item, after updating all lots, and simply relist it for another nickel. Some I don't relist for a couple of months, it depends on the amount of traffic it got and if I feel it could use a rest. I also regroup some things and then relist.

If you have a lot of items to relist you can go to grid view and select the status column and sort by it. That puts all of your items offline in one group and often it is easier that way to see exactly what is off line and what is lited.

Hope this helps

Garry

Ned
(journeyman)
05/23/07 08:08 AM
Re: What happens after a month? new [re: AquilaStamps]  

Thanks, Garry.

When you relist, does the item get a new item number?

The reason I'm so interested in the item number is that (I think) it's an important part of the link from an outside website into your eBay store. So long as I can use AW's automatic website generation, I think a changed item number wouldn't be a big deal.

If I want to do a non-AW website to point people into my eBay store, changed item numbers could be a huge manintenance headache.

So, new item number when relisted?

Ned

bluepennylady
(veteran)
05/23/07 08:22 AM
Re: What happens after a month? new [re: Ned]  

Ned,

Each time you relist any Auction lot, eBay assigns a new Auction Item Number and AW2000 retrieves that number via the API call. The number is stored in the Auction number field on the Auction lot.

As far as pointing people to your Auctions from your website, use the AW2K generated websites. The website templates contain the correct links back to the Auction page. If you keep the website(s) updated every time you list, the thumbnail and lot pages are always current. Which is what I do. I update all my AW2K generated websites every day before I do a backup.

Does that help?

Judy/blue

Ned
(journeyman)
05/23/07 08:36 AM
Re: What happens after a month? new [re: bluepennylady]  

Well, it clarifies.

What this means is that I must do whatever I'm going to do for the website by using an AW2K website template, at least for the pages that have these links. I could perhaps get AW to export the links and create some other website update mechanism. Better to see what AW can do for me first.

Ned

bluepennylady
(veteran)
05/23/07 08:45 AM
Re: What happens after a month? new [re: Ned]  

Ned,

Your website can be as dynamic or static as you like. And you can build your website anyway you want. The AW2K websites are in essence pages that are accessed via hyperlinks from any page on your website. Which isn't really a bad thing.

What will happen is eventually your buyers will start emailing you directly from your website requesting what they see displayed. Which is why it is a really good idea to have a different email address for inquiries on your website than your eBay email address.

I have wholesale product on my website. The thumbnail pages are generated by AW2K. And buyers email me all the time requesting what they see. Or checking to see if I have something similar. That is really what you want. Drive customers to you.

And the links in the thumbnail pages, properly configured, qualify for Store Referral credits. Another good thing.

You can always convert your choice of website thumbnail/lot template to HTML and make more changes. For instance, I am going to convert a couple of mine and change the eBay Hyperlinks to direct traffic to my ecrater store. Just haven't got that done yet.

Judy/blue

Previous threadView all threadsNext thread*Threaded Mode
Jump to

www.AuctionWizard2000.com | Contact Us Forums powered by WWWThreads