Listing
   >> eBay Stores
Thread views: 39865 Previous threadView all threadsNext thread*Threaded Mode

Pages in this thread: 1 | 2 | 3 | (show all)
AquilaStamps
(enthusiast)
05/31/07 10:10 PM
Re: Markdown Manager new [re: bluepennylady]  

Judy:
Locking down the computer can be fairly easy. If you use Zone Alarm Pro (paid edition) you have full control over where the computer goes or does not go. There is a section in there that you type either where it can go or can't go. In your case once you decide where it can go it would be easier to enter that information. Other software firewalls also would probably have something similar. I'm not sure so won't comment though. Also there is opensource software that can be used to achieve the same thing. Let me see if I can find it and I'll let you know. By the way -- if you are using a fixed IP on the computers AND you have access to the router you can do it that way on an allow basis.

Garry

bluepennylady
(veteran)
06/01/07 03:01 AM
Re: Markdown Manager new [re: AquilaStamps]  

Garry,

Thanks for the info.

Zone alarm I am familiar with. Used it before. When you find the other infoon the opensource, let me know.

Judy/blue

bluepennylady
(veteran)
06/01/07 10:10 AM
Re: Markdown Manager new [re: tictictic_OnEbay]  

Sue and all.

I created an auction using SYI form and waited for the Mark Down manager to mark it down. When the auction lot imported into AW2000, the Sale price stored. Not the original Start/BIN price (eBay store listing)

So now we know. If you create the auction at eBay and import, the Mark down price is what is stored.

Judy/blue

tictictic_OnEbay
(enthusiast)
06/01/07 11:33 AM

Good to know. Thanks. :)

Sue

bluepennylady
(veteran)
06/01/07 11:40 AM

Sue,

Well I am glad I used the SYI form. Other changes have been made in the last three weeks which is since the last seminar I did. I found a few surprises. So I am super glad I did a "test"

Judy/blue

tictictic_OnEbay
(enthusiast)
06/01/07 11:59 AM

Judy, you are just the person to do this, that's for sure.

There was a huge, three-story local mall about 5 or 6 years ago that attempted something along these lines, where walk-in customers were encouraged to bid on items that were currently on eBay and on the floor. The things that had been listed on eBay had tags indicating the item was in limbo until the auction ended (sort of maddening right there -- the things were just mixed in with various dealers' regular merchandise, and as I recall, the "buy-it-here" price was considerably higher than the eBay opening bid). They had a few computers set up under a tent-like enclosure where the staff would help you find the item and place a bid (dark, dreary area -- maybe that contributed to its lack of success). Who knows exactly why the mall shut down a couple years later, but it's gone now (it was in a good location, so that wasn't the problem). I bet it would do better if tried now -- people are more internet-savvy, connections are faster, and eBay has become more newbie-friendly, I think. I wonder how many antique malls around the country are trying to integrate internet sales and/or eBay into their B&M set-up.

Sue

tictictic_OnEbay
(enthusiast)
06/01/07 01:01 PM

Hmmmm...... (another thing probably everyone but me already knew about):

http://pages.ebay.com/antiquemalls/

Sue

tictictic_OnEbay
(enthusiast)
06/01/07 01:09 PM

Lots of the eBay Antique Malls listed on that page are messed up in one way or another. Not maintained, no listings, etc. I'm hoping someone on this Forum will recognize a mall local to them and visit it to see how in works for walk-in customers. Is the stuff that's online still for sale in person?

Sue

bluepennylady
(veteran)
06/01/07 01:15 PM

Sue,

Some of the sellers I know who have B&M stores as well as sell on eBay, they allow the customer to bid on the item and pick up at the store. Some of them have the product on the sales floor in a special area and it is marked that it is online. Others I know make a weekly little catalog thing to hand out.

I don't know about how the malls do it though.

Judy/blue

moonstruck22
(journeyman)
06/01/07 05:00 PM

Sue,
You weren't alone, I didn't know about this either!
I am going to have check into this further also.

Marty

Pages in this thread: 1 | 2 | 3 | (show all)
Previous threadView all threadsNext thread*Threaded Mode
Jump to

www.AuctionWizard2000.com | Contact Us Forums powered by WWWThreads