Listing
   >> eBay Stores
Thread views: 39847 Previous threadView all threadsNext thread*Threaded Mode

Pages in this thread: 1 | 2 | 3 | (show all)
bluepennylady
(veteran)
06/01/07 05:42 PM
Re: Markdown Manager new [re: moonstruck22]  

I wonder how in the world you are suppose to find out about the antique mall on eBay. I have never seen anything in the site map--at least that I recall.

I am going to look further as well. Because I have had a host of students in classes that want to sell antiques on eBay. And directory searches are the hotest thing right now.

Judy/blue

moonstruck22
(journeyman)
06/01/07 06:18 PM
Re: Markdown Manager new [re: bluepennylady]  

Well Judy it's simple just let Sue do all the detective work she loves to do and she tells us, and we all share it with the world together!!

Just spent some time looking at the antique mall area and just like Sue I was disappointed. Seems like not many are maintained. It is interesting that the "to sell" requirement is a certain amount of listing per week. Many hadn't had listings, or feedback since 04, 05 but were still listed as valid sellers. I also thought we may be in luck as to being able to personally visiting the b and m. One of the listings is a mall within 30 minutes that I have been in many times. But I never saw any indication that they were selling on eBay. Now when I check their listings they don't have any, no links are maintained, my guess that they don't do eBay sales!
I know the featured mall, heart of ohio, been there physically and they are a great experience. But don't know how they handle the eBay thing either.
So we research further.

Marty

bluepennylady
(veteran)
06/01/07 06:22 PM

Marty,

I can't find a hint of the antique mall directory anywhere on eBay. I have already combed more thoroughly in the "site map" nada. Unless I am blind as a bat.

In the Antiques category main page, I found no links. So I am a bit lost as to how in the world anyone is suppose to find it. But it is a great idea.

I did the same thing. Clicked on some of the links. Wasn't impressed. Perhaps I'll email eBay customer support on Monday and see what is up with it. Or maybe LIve chat that way we can get some really confused information

Your wife feeling better today??

Judy/blue

moonstruck22
(journeyman)
06/01/07 06:48 PM

Judy,
Today has been another tough one, however, there has been much improvement in the last hour or so. She is at least sitting up and able to eat a little.
Things are looking up as we continue to look up!
Thanks again for asking!

Marty

bluepennylady
(veteran)
06/01/07 07:18 PM

Marty,

YES!! that is great news! Chow down girl.
Well maybe not chow down yet but at least poke a little food down

Judy/blue

AquilaStamps
(enthusiast)
06/01/07 08:36 PM

Sue, Marty, Judy --

I seem to remember about a year ago or could be longer (the mind goes as one gets older) there was a big blowing of trumpets and throwing of confetti and eBay announced an Antique Mall and promises of other boutique type Malls.

After the grand Ta da's were over I checked it out and believe it or not there wasn't a lot more going on there than there is now. There were a lot of stores but nothing in them. Now I see there are less stores and half of them are no longer registered on eBay.

I'm not sure what happened. But Judy you are right - they hid the fact that the mall existed. I had forgotten about it until Sue mentioned it.

There is a fairly active Mall on PayPal (I'm sure that it is almost if not entirely free). All you need is a PayPal Seller account. Also it may be interesting to check out RubyLane Mall Stores at http://www.rubylane.com. You may remember them from the days of free counters.

Garry

AquilaStamps
(enthusiast)
06/01/07 08:46 PM

Marty:
I second Judy's sentiments. It's truly one day at a time, I know, but how great it is when the day turns out well. It takes tiny steps but when your wife is feeling a tad better and ready to try eating it's a time to rejoice. I remember one of the best days with my Dad's chemo - out of the blue he asked me if I would go get him a Checkers Hamburg. I drove like the mad man I am. He ate over half of it. That was a good day!

Garry

globalduk
(stranger )
08/15/07 08:03 AM
Re: Markdown Manager new [re: AquilaStamps]  

I know this thread isn't to active and was started quite a while ago.

But it was mentioned in this thread about setting up a pc in ones b/m store to allow customers to bid on your auctions or bin and pay there.

I would NOT do this - if the location and connection is also where you list from.

You could be accused of shill bidding and have your auctions shut down and asked to take a tutorial.

Something about ebay monitoring the IP address of the bidder vs seller.

amy

bluepennylady
(veteran)
08/15/07 08:14 AM
Re: Markdown Manager new [re: globalduk]  

Amy,

Yes you are correct. If I set up computers in the front part of my Bricks and Mortar Store, they will be on a different network and router. So the IP addresses are different than the network from which the Auction lots are listed.

Judy/blue

Pages in this thread: 1 | 2 | 3 | (show all)
Previous threadView all threadsNext thread*Threaded Mode
Jump to

www.AuctionWizard2000.com | Contact Us Forums powered by WWWThreads