Listing
   >> eBay Stores
Thread views: 39849 Previous threadView all threadsNext thread*Threaded Mode

Pages in this thread: 1 | 2 | 3 | (show all)
tictictic_OnEbay
(enthusiast)
05/31/07 11:57 AM
Markdown Manager new  

Has anyone used Markdown Manager? I just read about it, and it sounds like a good way to reduce prices of BIN items (apparently, the original price is shown with a slash through it; you can schedule the mark-downs in advance; you can allow them to run for a limited period of time; etc).

Can the reduced prices be imported to AW???

Sue

bluepennylady
(veteran)
05/31/07 12:04 PM
Re: Markdown Manager new [re: tictictic_OnEbay]  

Sue,

Yes I have used and do use the Mark Down manager. And it works wonderfully.

For instance, I have a 75% off clothing sale right now. I listed a group of clothing at the full retail price, then used the Mark down manager to set the 75% off sale for the full 30 days the Store listings run. Super slick.

You can either allow the Mark Down manager to select all of a category. Or you can manually select individual auctions. Just remember. Once you set a sale you cannot add anything else to it. So if you do a jewelry sale for an entire category and list jewelry two days later in the same category, the newly listed jewelry will not be on sale.

And yes, the reduced price is store properly in AW2000.

Judy/blue

tictictic_OnEbay
(enthusiast)
05/31/07 12:27 PM
Re: Markdown Manager new [re: bluepennylady]  

Ok, I'll give it a try ASAP. Sounds great.

Judy wrote: "Just remember. Once you set a sale you cannot add anything else to it. So if you do a jewelry sale for an entire category and list jewelry two days later in the same category, the newly listed jewelry will not be on sale."

That sounds like a good thing. Wish I could use Markdown Manager for my B&M stuff. I hate that I can hang up signs for 20% off, but then when I take in new items, I have to mark the tags FIRM to keep them from being instantly "on sale". The only other option is to price them 20% higher than I really think the market will bear, but then when the sale signs come down, the prices are too high. Mall woes. It's another reason malls are closing their doors right and left -- just so much harder to manage than online sales.

"And yes, the reduced price is store properly in AW2000."

Do you mean the prices are changed in AW when you do an Update All?

Thanks, Sue

bluepennylady
(veteran)
05/31/07 12:35 PM

Sue,

It doesn't matter what Start/BIN price you use to list your Store auction lots. What it sells at is what stores in the Invoices and the Sale price field on the Auction lot tab.

So if I list a $19.99 shirt and then have a 75% off sale, when the shirt sells, $5.00 is what appears on the Invoice as well as the "Sale Price" field on the Auction lot.

I understand completely. I have the same problem here in my B&M store. For the regular retailer, online sales are just a no brainer. Since we already have the fixed expenses, etc, going online does nothing but broaden the customer base and generate more revenue. Not to mention getting rid of inventory. Especially here where I am---population 3500.

And it sure teachs the customers a lesson too. If something doesn't sell here, I take it off the retail floor, put it in AW2000 and list that dude. Then my customers wonder why the 75 to 90% off racks are not as big as they use to be. Why should I give stuff away when I can put it online and someone will buy it. Plus, some stinker doesn't steal it or tear up the package and then want a discount because the package is defaced.

Can you tell it has been a long retail week

Judy/blue

tictictic_OnEbay
(enthusiast)
05/31/07 12:47 PM

What I meant was....do the discounted prices get adjusted on the unsold Lots when you do an Update. I'm sure, now that I think about it, that they don't. How 'bout if you did an Import? I just mean the prices on the Lots would still be the original prices -- you'd have to just remember you had discounted groups or individual items, right?

The mall customers around here are almost all clueless about the internet and seem to be very anti-eBay (had one bad experience -- probably their own damn fault! -- and claim they'll never try it again). I want to hang up a big sign that says, "IT'S ABOUT TO BE OFFERED TO THE WORLD, SO IF YOU WANT IT, BUY IT NOW"

And boy, can I relate to the theft issue! If I could lock up everything, I would, but then nothing would sell. Customers are too unassertive to ask for help or don't like waiting for someone to grab the keys.

Eventually, malls will have to acknowledge eBay/the internet and somehow become bedfellows.

Sue

bluepennylady
(veteran)
05/31/07 01:21 PM

Sue,

Do we live in the same town!??? It is the same around here. No one wants to try the Internet. They would rather pay their staff to lean their butts against the front cash register than to give them something productive to do, like taking pictures and putting inventory in AW2000. Why that takes work. And besides, "Why--I've heard about the Internet""!! You are right, probably was their own fault.

I may try the sign. You know it might just work. We do put flyers in our customers sacks explaining how we work. We price stuff and put it out. If it doesn't sell in the first 30 days, it starts getting pulled off the retail floor and moved to the Internet. Customers are learning to get it while the getting is good. Of course, they could go online and bid.

And I am seriously considering putting a computer on the sales floor so customers can log into eBay, pull up bluepennylady auctions, use the BIN and pay at the front register. I bet I have a least two or three people ask almost everyday if they can bid and pay here. Well of course you can.

Thieves just irritate the daylights out of me. AND when you catch them, they act like they are mad at you for thinking they shouldn't be stealing. I have had some of the darndest experiences with shoplifters.

Okay, back on task here---(can't get me started with shoplifting)

I don't know which would be imported, the BIN price or the mark down price. But I will find out for sure and let you know.

Judy/blue

Ned
(journeyman)
05/31/07 02:58 PM

Judy wrote

In reply to:

And I am seriously considering putting a computer on the sales floor so customers can log into eBay, pull up bluepennylady auctions, use the BIN and pay at the front register. I bet I have a least two or three people ask almost everyday if they can bid and pay here. Well of course you can.

And you're educating them too. They've bought something on eBay.

Does seem to me you'd want to lock that computer down so it acts as a bluepennylady kiosk--that is, they can't get anywhere else on your computer, not even other eBay auctions. No clue how to do that.

'Course, if you could confine the PC to eBay only, but not just your stuff--you could open an eBay cafe. Really expensive coffee and access to online auctions.

Ned

bluepennylady
(veteran)
05/31/07 03:08 PM
Re: Markdown Manager new [re: Ned]  

Ned,

You have no idea how close you are to what I would love to do. There isn't a coffee shop here in Columbus. And I would love to have one here in the store with wireless Internet availabililty. Would be so cool.

I am looking into exactly how I would want the machines locked down. I know how to do some of it. As I have to lock and unlock computers at the college. I just have to determine precisely what I want allowed.

Judy/blue

Ned
(journeyman)
05/31/07 03:23 PM

Judy,

I think what you want is best controlled from the router. Even if the cafe uses the same broadband access line as other JudyCo enterprises, the cafe should have its own separate wireless network. With the cafe on its own router you can deal with security & access entirely independently. Much easier.

Ned

bluepennylady
(veteran)
05/31/07 03:27 PM
Re: Markdown Manager new [re: Ned]  

Ned,

Thanks for the suggestion. I'll run a completely different line for that. And another router. There isn't any way in the world, I want a public Internet tied into the same network as mine.

But I sure think the coffee shop would be oh so cool.

Judy/blue

Pages in this thread: 1 | 2 | 3 | (show all)
Previous threadView all threadsNext thread*Threaded Mode
Jump to

www.AuctionWizard2000.com | Contact Us Forums powered by WWWThreads