Listing
   >> eBay Stores
Thread views: 13270 Previous threadView all threadsNext thread*Threaded Mode

goldilocks77
(stranger )
10/08/07 04:13 PM
Auction Lots have info I didnot ask for new  

Judy, I am looking for information. When ever I transfer inventory items over to Auction Lot for ebay store the shipping cost, addit'l Item Ship and Insurance costs have values in them. My shipping is set as calculated. Why is there info there and will it effect my listing? I have, in the past few store listings, deleted the info before queueing them for listing.

bluepennylady
(Pooh-Bah)
10/08/07 04:29 PM
Re: Auction Lots have info I didnot ask for new [re: goldilocks77]  

HI,

No problem. Be happy to help--if I can anyway

Check the "Category, Item specifics and shipping options" tab on the Inventory Item. See if there is any shipping fees stored on the eBay stores. If there is, you will need to change it to whatever it is that you want to appear in your eBay store listing. Unless the shipping is set as a default for your eBay Store Auction Profile.

Let me know if that helps or not.

Judy/blue

Visit my eBay store!
http://stores.ebay.com/bluepennylady?refid=store

goldilocks77
(stranger )
10/08/07 06:23 PM
Re: Auction Lots have info I didnot ask for new [re: bluepennylady]  

Judy, the box is not checked under "cat, ship opt, etc". The auction profile for ebay stores has the same info in it as for ebay auctions. Domestic shipping has 3 options with dimensions, estimated weight is "custom weight" with no weight entered, I put that in at the time of the queueing. packaging and handling fee is set to 1.68 and insurance is "not offered".
Like I stated earlier it is the same for auctions, and i dont have this issue with auctions. I have tried to find where there is something different between the 2 profiles but have come up empty. thanks for the reply
Also on the inventory item Auction information tab, those fields are empty.
dave

bluepennylady
(Pooh-Bah)
10/08/07 07:40 PM

Dave,

You are talking about the fields on the Auction lot next to the Start price, Buy Price and Reserve Price? Those three fields have values in them?

Check something for me if you don't mind please, Go to one of those auction lots and click on the Shipping options tab. Click the "Specify flat rate shipping costs" box so it has a check mark in it.

You will probably find values in the Shipping cost and addt'l item shipped fields and they will be the same as is above.

IF you have the Auction lots shipping options set to "Specify Calculated shipping costs" and are using weights instead of Flat rate, that is what is uploaded to your Auctions at eBay, not the Flat rate.

I have some of my auction lots with both options, calculated and flat rate. I have entered in Flat Rate just in case I change my mind and want to offer Flat Rate. I have the calculated shipping costs as well. Which ever check box is checked when I list the Auction lot is what is listed at eBay. I hope that makes sense.

You would not have a problem duplicating or relisting within the confines of the same profile as far as the shipping options changing. The shipping options have no need to change. It is when you change profiles and move to eBay stores that you will see a change.

If I understand you correctly, the values are not displayed when they are regular Auctions. But when you change the Profile to your eBay store, the values suddenly appear?

Judy/blue

Visit my eBay store!

goldilocks77
(stranger )
10/09/07 01:43 PM

To the last question, that is correct. After I opened our store adn set up the store profile is when I started seeing values in those fields. I did not think they would effect the listing as we always specify calculated shipping.
I did an experiment, I created a blank inventory item with only a category specified. investigated the shipping options and there was no monetary information anywhere, looked at the auction lot and lo and behold... there was the same values in the three fields.
Quite baffling i would say. created another A/L from the same blank item and this time checked "dont specify shipping cost and there they are again, 6.50 shipping, 4.80 addit, and 3.00 insurance

bluepennylady
(Pooh-Bah)
10/09/07 02:17 PM
Re: Auction Lots have info I didnot ask for [re: goldilocks77]  

HI,

Did you check the "Edit Auction lots and Shipping Options" tab in your Store profile. (File | Auction Profiles....your eBay Store Profile) click on the Edit Auction lots and Shipping options" button located in the lower portion.

Click on the "Define Specified Shipping costs" and see if there are values there. If so, that is where they are coming from. You can eliminate them by just deleting them from all those fields in the Auction Profile.

Does that work?

Judy/blue

Visit my eBay store!

goldilocks77
(stranger )
10/09/07 02:25 PM

I have filled out most of the information, like on the auction profile except for the custom weight. domestic shipping has 3 options set with the dimensions and shipping insurance is "not offered". Package handling fee is 1.68. all are just like the auction set up.

bluepennylady
(Pooh-Bah)
10/09/07 02:33 PM

HI,

That is correct for "Specify calculated shipping" but did you double check the "Specify Flat rate shipping" by clicking on the checkbox and seeing what is displayed there?

Judy/blue

Visit my eBay store!

goldilocks77
(stranger )
10/09/07 02:49 PM

my bad Judy, There were flat rate values there, I can not imagine how they got there, I had never set those values. Anyway, i have put it back to "specify..." on all necessary fields and I believe that will settle that dilemma.
Again many thanks for your help in these issues that baffle and befuddle me.

bluepennylady
(Pooh-Bah)
10/09/07 02:56 PM

Hi,

That is good news! I am glad that fixed you up.

No more mysterious numbers appearing out of the blue.

Judy/blue

Visit my eBay store!

Previous threadView all threadsNext thread*Threaded Mode
Jump to

www.AuctionWizard2000.com | Contact Us Forums powered by WWWThreads