Listing
   >> eBay Stores
Thread views: 9365 Previous threadView all threadsNext thread*Threaded Mode

Tradeguy
(stranger )
12/11/02 12:53 PM
Closing Dates  

I just started using AW2000 and I noticed something peculiar about how Ebay Store "closing dates" are handled. Granted, I might be doing something wrong, so bear with me :)

(note: All of my store items were imported from Ebay.)

On the Auction Lots screen for the store item, there is no start or close date. Not a big deal, except that when the notification email is generated, it sticks in a closing date using the year 1899.

The "duration" field also seems to default to 30 days, even though all of my store items are 120 days.

The email template doesn't have an option for "purchase date" - so there's no way to create an accurate email (at least that I can find). My workaround is to insert "Current Date", since I usually generate my notifications every evening.

This isn't a huge problem except that I might close 10-20 regular auctions plus a few store auctions each day and I'd like to use the same email template for everything. The real problem comes with followup emails, which really need the "purchase date".

Another workaround might be to edit the "close date" for every purchase - but that breaks down as soon as I have multiple buyers for the same item purchasing on different dates.

Am I missing something?

Thanks!
Rich

AuctionWizardAdministrator
(Auction Wizard Team)
12/11/02 04:38 PM
Re: Closing Dates new [re: Tradeguy]  

The Start Date and Close date are not imported for eBay Store items because those dates do not appear anywhere on the listings themseleves. The Close Date field tag doesn't work well in Email Templates for store items, because it will rarely be the date the purchase was made.

Try using the field tag for the Invoice Date as the purchase date. Invoices are usually generated on the same day the purchase is made. You may need to use a different Email Template for your eBay and eBay Stores winning bidder notices. Each Auction Profile can have a different Email Template selected for notifying winning bidders.

-- The Auction Wizard Team

Tradeguy
(stranger )
12/11/02 04:58 PM
Re: Closing Dates new [re: AuctionWizard]  

Excellent suggestion - I just did that ;-)

Quick followup question...shipping costs aren't imported for either auctions or store items. Since all my s/h are the same for 99% of my auctions, is there any way to set up a "default" shipping amount? Seems a bit labor intense to manually update a hundred records before I can notify bidders.

Thanks for the super quick response!
Rich

AuctionWizardAdministrator
(Auction Wizard Team)
12/12/02 09:05 AM
Re: Closing Dates new [re: Tradeguy]  

There isn't a way to set a default Shipping Cost or Insurance Cost on Auction Lots that are imported.

-- The Auction Wizard Team

Previous threadView all threadsNext thread*Threaded Mode
Jump to

www.AuctionWizard2000.com | Contact Us Forums powered by WWWThreads