Listing
   >> General
Thread views: 38330 *Threaded Mode

Pages in this thread: 1 | 2 | 3 | (show all)
substance292
(newbie)
09/13/06 07:10 PM
Follow-up Email?  

Hi everyone! I have an idea but I don't know if it's any good, so I thought I'd ask you all. I received an email from a supplier, actually minutes after my order was dropped off by UPS, asking if everything was ok with it. I was impressed, and started thinking. Does anyone check delivery on their shipments and send a message asking if everything is ok? I was wondering if this might open me up to more problems than it is worth? Anyone have an opinion? Thank you!

- Cher

bluepennylady
(enthusiast)
09/13/06 07:22 PM
Re: Follow-up Email? new [re: substance292]  

Cher,

I completely changed my AW2000 shipping notice email and request the buyer let us know when their goody arrives. For the most part, buyers will notify us back as a reply to the shipping notice.

I think it is a personal preference if you wish to send out "is everything okay" emails to buyers if you don't hear from them. Some buyers do not like the additional communication and find it annoying. Others like the personal attention and respond well.

I use to send those "is everything okay" emails if we had not heard from the buyer in about 10 days after shipment. It got to be a headache for my staff as it did require additional work on their part. Going through the Invoices and then responding again to the replies to our inquiry just took too much time.

Unless the buyer emails us for reason, our final communication is the Feedback Thanks email.

So that's what I do

Judy/blue

substance292
(newbie)
09/13/06 08:26 PM
Re: Follow-up Email? new [re: bluepennylady]  

Hi Judy! How are you doing today? I guess I was wondering if it would end up being more work than I can handle. It would have to be at least partly automated anyway! Thanks for your reply!

- Cher

bluepennylady
(enthusiast)
09/13/06 09:33 PM

Cher,

I am fine. How are you doing???

We used a template we created in AW2000 so that was easy. It was just the extra step of sending those emails out. I never did get the process fine tuned or a good workflow established. Me and my methods and workflow

You'll have to keep us "posted" on what you do

I know, that's bad!

Judy/blue

AquilaStamps
(journeyman)
09/13/06 10:43 PM

Cher:
If I send items to my customers via Priority or Express Mail or Registered mail I check on it with an email as soon as I know it is delivered. To do it I log onto http://www.usps.com. Then I click at the to on Track & Confirm. I have copies of the tracking numbers of course from the post office receipts. I plug them into the form that is supplied on the track and confirm page. It will tell you there is nothing there yet to report. But if you want they will send you email updates. So I put in my email address and check off send me everything in connection with this tracking number.
WHen the email comes that it has been delivered - and it is usually about 1 hour after delivery - I send off an email that is sorta like "just checking, that you found everything in your package to your satisfaction". "Hope the stamps are exactly what you were looking for and I want to thank you so much for eBaying. If there is anything at all in the future that we may help you with please call or email.

Then depending on the stuff they purchased there may be other stuff said. Howver, remember this is for the larger dollar amount invoices. Also I have a collectors club - the highter dollar amount people get a montly email of special items for sale pre-eBay listing. So that email asking if all is OK includes an explaination of the collectors club and how they can let me know if they wish to participate.

And, Cher, this really WORKS. I have had great response from this technique. You might want to try it on one or two customers just to get the feel of the reply etc.

Garry

Edited by AquilaStamps on 09/13/06 10:47 PM (server time).

bluepennylady
(enthusiast)
09/14/06 05:17 AM
Re: Follow-up Email? new [re: AquilaStamps]  

Garry,

So you only send the email "check up" to the larger dollar buyers? Humm, now that's a thought. What about International buyers? Do you always check the arrival status of those packages? Tracking is no longer available unless the package is sent USPS Global Express. Which none of my buyers ever use.

Judy/blue

AquilaStamps
(member)
09/14/06 07:04 AM

Judy:

You're correct the international buyers hardly ever want Registered mail because of the cost. Sometimes they are willing to pay for Global Priority Mail but that isn't trackable. If I have an instance of a larger international buyer (ummm that's dollars not weight) I follow up with an email after a week from the date of mailing. Everything I mail gets a Certificate of Mailing. I use the Bulk form so it is inexpensive. Once I get home from the Post Office I scan and PDF the form (however many pages it is). Then ole sneaky me - a week after the mailing I clip from the PDF the section that pertains to them and attach it to an email telling them by now I'm certain they have received their stamps. And the followup email goes on from there. It is surprising how many want to be part of the "Club" - I guess it is a thing where everyone wants to be part of something special. But what it gives me is an additional outlet for material that I don't have to break down and put on eBay such as a small collection of stamps from India or whereever. I put it on the "CLUB" list and email it off. First to come up with the money gets it. I'm toying with having a special "club" section on the web site with username and password and list the items there with paypal buyitnow buttons on it. Have played with the design but haven't implemented it. Currently I think the club email works just fine.

Long way around to answer your question huh? But you are correct. The larger dollar amount international customer gets a follow up email. The method for this is: If they are to get a follow it is all done when I process their items for shipping in AW2K. I print the paid invoice the regular way then print it to a PDF that has as the title the invoice number and their name and it is filed in a directory (folder) that is labled with month and year and sub folder of day (one week in advance). So every morning I check the folder for the day - such as today I've checked Sept 14 - and send them the email that is done from a template in AW2K. Sounds confusing but is very easy.

I've found that it really pays off. Sooooo Sorry to be extra long winded on this - my fingers got carried away.

Garry

bluepennylady
(enthusiast)
09/14/06 07:16 AM

Garry,

Not long winded at all. I understand exactly what you are doing. I may give that a whirl. The after-marketing I am currently using is working but I can see how the "Club" concept could be very effective.

I use permission email marketing. And I have more than one list with some buyers on all the lists depending on what the buyers want. It works really well. I use a little email program called Mail Bomber. Not at all fancy but it works. I get excellent response. I also use Constant Contact for email campaigns. That is extremely effective. The last campaign I did generated a huge increase in sales.

I am will look at giving your idea a whirl. That's what I'll do. I'll steal Garry's idea

Judy/blue

AquilaStamps
(member)
09/14/06 07:35 AM

Judy:

LOL - steal away. I hope it works out well for you. And yes, my email list is permission based also - the club emails that is. They have to join the list. If I don't hear from them by return email then that's it unless they purchase something on eBay or Ostock at a later date. And those emails any winning bidder would get. This way I don't get accused of spam.

I used constant contact at one time also and liked it. Also used another product called PC Reminder. But that had limitations and the emails it sent were just too cute. So I let my subscription expire. Maybe I need to steal from you now and re-evaluate constant contact.

Garry

bluepennylady
(enthusiast)
09/14/06 12:08 PM

Garry,

I use Endicia and the Certificate of mailings are not available through them. But I can grap all the shipping information from the Dazzle program and do the same thing by PDF it and stick it in a directory by date on the shipping computer. Or in a Shared folder on the network so anyone can access the directory.

Hummm, I will give this some serious thought.

Judy/blue

Pages in this thread: 1 | 2 | 3 | (show all)
*Threaded Mode
Jump to

www.AuctionWizard2000.com | Contact Us Forums powered by WWWThreads