Listing
   >> General
Thread views: 38457 *Threaded Mode

Pages in this thread: 1 | 2 | 3 | (show all)
AquilaStamps
(member)
09/14/06 02:08 PM
Re: Follow-up Email? new [re: bluepennylady]  

The Certificate of Mailing is a form supplied by the USPS and is downloadable from their websitel It allows for 8 names and addresses per page and the charge is $0.90 per page. Every time I go to the postoffice I bring a filled out form with me. It has an entry for every item I'm mailing. Sometimes I have one sheet or I may have 10 sheets. It all depends on the amount of itemsgeing mailed.

I downloaded mine and then cusomized it with name etc. and made it possible to cut and past info into it. I cut and paste the info into it just before I print the shipping label

Works great - the original idea was when I had people saying they never got my package. I can then email them a copy showing their invoice number, name and address and date of mailing.

But it has evolved into additinal uses since then.

You can dowload the form at: http://www.usps.com/forms/_pdf/ps3877.pdf

Garry

bluepennylady
(enthusiast)
09/14/06 02:41 PM
Re: Follow-up Email? new [re: AquilaStamps]  

Garry,

We use to use the Certificate of Mailing until Feb of this year. For the exact same reason, people said they did not get their items. Endicia does provide us with another set of Customs numbers which works fairly well for getting something done if the package is lost. So far we have not had a great deal of trouble with packages. Other than taking much longer than the USPS estimated delivery indicates.

Judy/blue

grumpy3b
(newbie)
09/15/06 09:46 PM

Something many folks do not know about USPS delivery times for international stuff...those times are for how long it takes to reach the other country's postal/customs system not the addressee...still I find Global Express gets processed much faster then other mail classes...so far anyway.

bluepennylady
(enthusiast)
09/16/06 04:31 AM
Re: Follow-up Email? new [re: grumpy3b]  

Hi,

Do you find many buyers request Global Express? I can' seem to get anyone to pay for it. Invariably the buyer will select Economy Surface Post which is extremely slow and then wonder why in the world the package didn't arrive in a week.

Judy/blue

Tradeguy
(enthusiast)
09/16/06 05:35 AM
Re: Follow-up Email? new [re: substance292]  

I do a very nice automatic aw2k email when I post feedback. It includes tracking info (I cut/paste all tracking numbers into aw2k), a big "thank you", and an email link should there be any problems at all. I also mention that I've given them postive FB, and that I hope they do the same after their item arrives.

If someone is having a problem, quick and friendly resolution seems to be key to avoiding bad FB. Most of the replies I get are extremely positive. I think buyers like the pro-active offer of help - it puts them at ease before they've even seen their item.

It works for me. 3000+ FB, 2 negs, 2 neut, 4400 pos. over 7 years.

bluepennylady
(enthusiast)
09/16/06 05:41 AM
Re: Follow-up Email? new [re: Tradeguy]  

HI,

Is the email link to a diferent email address for problem resolution? Or a link to your regular email addy?

Judy/blue

AquilaStamps
(member)
09/16/06 06:41 AM

Hi:

My customers are split about 50/50 on Global Priority Mail. For some I think it depends a bit on the dollar amount they have purchased. Also because I am selling postage stamps - a lot can travel for a basic USPS Airmail rate. I have found that an envelope traveling USPS Airmail takes just about a week to be delivered in Europe. Asia takes almost two weeks. Canada & Mexico is just a few days.

The few times that I have had to send something larger than a regular envelope I notice the delivery time starts to take longer. So it may be part of the problem is in handling of the item.

Also I only offer a few delivery methods. USPS First Class, USPS Air Mail, and Priority both domestic and Global. If someone wants to pay the freight for Express - either domestic or Global then I will ship that way. Consequently I don't have people picking the slow boat method and then complaining. As it is they sometimes complain about a week to Europe.

Garry

Tradeguy
(enthusiast)
09/16/06 06:59 AM

My regular email.

bluepennylady
(enthusiast)
09/16/06 03:24 PM
Re: Follow-up Email? new [re: AquilaStamps]  

Garry,

For the most part, I am limited in what I can offer as my products tend to be heavier. So the item will not fit into Global Priority envelopes and won't go Airmail Letter because of the weight. The other services although offered are usually not selected as they are simply too costly for the buyer. So they pick the slow cheap and wonder why it takes 30 to 45 days

Judy/blue

bluepennylady
(enthusiast)
09/16/06 03:25 PM
Re: Follow-up Email? new [re: Tradeguy]  

Do you think the link to your regular email works better than having the buyer simply "Reply" to the email itself?

Judy/blue

Pages in this thread: 1 | 2 | 3 | (show all)
*Threaded Mode
Jump to

www.AuctionWizard2000.com | Contact Us Forums powered by WWWThreads