Listing
   >> General
Thread views: 26914 *Threaded Mode

Pages in this thread: 1 | 2 | (show all)
freqz
(journeyman)
01/13/09 09:18 PM
Re: Schedule by time ??!?!?! new [re: bluepennylady]  

Alright, So I've been lurking around and Correct me if I'm wrong but I have not noticed any "new" features or updates at all to aw2k ... Anything planned ??

scheduled listings <-- Still looking for this Any update ?? been looking for this for over a year now.

HTML email ?

Automation of payments ?

Maybe it's just me but the only updates see are updates just to keep AW2K floating. nothing more, nothing less.

Am I wrong ?

bluepennylady
(Carpal Tunnel)
01/14/09 10:37 AM
Re: Schedule by time ??!?!?! new [re: freqz]  

HI,

Of course you are wrong

The AW2000 tech team are working on updates... eBay has not made it easy to keep any third party tool updated with the site. They make changes within weeks of change, often reverting back. Some of the features/functions they have introduced on the site have not yet been submitted to the API. And until the feature/function is released in the API, it cannot be integrated.

What do you mean about automation payments? That one I have not heard... What is that???

Judy/blue

Visit my eBay store!
http://stores.ebay.com/bluepennylady?refid=store
Visit our website too!
http://www.pennyworthsales.com

freqz
(journeyman)
01/14/09 11:01 AM
Re: Schedule by time ??!?!?! new [re: bluepennylady]  

Well, right and wrong I was... I guess..

Granted like I said they have been updating to keep up with ebay changes, but that's about it....?? right ??

Could you name a few "NEW" features that have been introduced in the last year ?

automation... ebay tracks when you get paid etc. Why can't AW pull anything like that in ?

From reading threads here, your happy with the Text email's.... I absolutely HATE it. I hate having to use 2 different email clients just to read email. Granted 5 years ago, plain text would be fine... but this day and age, I think html is just about standard anymore.

It's been almost a year since I last posted here, and I thought hmmmm.... Maybe AW2K revamped their software, added new features, changed the "windows 3.1" interface... But sadly I'm a little wrong.

bluepennylady
(Carpal Tunnel)
01/14/09 01:57 PM
Re: Schedule by time ??!?!?! new [re: freqz]  

HI,

Now you done went and put words in my mouth --

I never said I liked text based email. I can live with it. I am not a "glass is half empty" type person. I am a "glass is half full" person. So I have learned to work with the text-based email. Text-based email does not in any manner reduce the effectiveness of managing my auctions, Invoices or even email.

There have been a long list of upgrades in 2008. You probably didn't notice because it is not something you use. But for those that requested the features/functions, those updates were and are wonderful.

Custom Item specifics was added. That was a huge ordeal to do and users requested that feature repeatedly.

Duration field can now be changed in the Grid view using the right click. I love that. I use it all of the time especially with the 50% off insertion sale for 1 or 3 day.. But I love the Grid view and use it most of the time for managing numerous records.

Select all or unselect all was added to the Feedback dialog box. That was a bigee for alot of users.

Adding a separate handling fee and Insurance charge for International shipping.

Support for International visibility was added.

Return policy was added even though eBay changed the manner it was handled twice leaving coders in a huge glitch because the eBay system was throwing errors right and left.

30 day and GTC Fixed Price durations were added.

Added the "Free Shipping" for the First service shipping options both for Flat Rate as well as Calculated shipping.

I don't know how you have your payment notifications set up but I know exactly when someone has paid me. And I don't have to ever go to "My eBay" to find out. In fact, I can't remember the last time I even looked at the "Sold" items in My eBay. I use no part of "My eBay" to manage my auctions. It is extremely inefficient.

When we are notified of payment, the payment is recorded which automatically generates the payment received notification. We print the packing slip and label the package for shipping.

When the packages are shipped, we use "Tasks | Print shipping labels and Invoices" which generates the shipping notices automatically. By the way, that is a perfect way to be sure you haven't missed a package scheduled for shipping that day..

When we submit feedback, the feedback thanks emails are automatically generated and sent to the buyers.

As far as the Interface, that one I will respectfully disagree with you. Most powerful database software programs use the same sort of interface. I am not into the cartoon, bright colors sort of interface. I want it to work without errors. Dental and medical software from the larger companies use the same sort of interface as the computer resources really need to be used for data processing instead of resources being used for graphics that do not in any manner enhance the software performance.

There will be and continue to be software improvement, enhancements and upgrades. Evidently the upgrades completed up til now have not been things you use. But they are still upgrades nonetheless.

Happy selling!

Judy/blue

Visit my eBay store!
http://stores.ebay.com/bluepennylady?refid=store
Visit our website too!
http://www.pennyworthsales.com

Pages in this thread: 1 | 2 | (show all)
*Threaded Mode
Jump to

www.AuctionWizard2000.com | Contact Us Forums powered by WWWThreads