General
   >> Reports
Thread views: 9781 Previous threadView all threadsNext thread*Threaded Mode

malaki86
(stranger )
04/03/02 04:46 AM
Profit report  

Ok, first off, I'm new to Auction Wizard after using AuctionTrakker and Sold from Timber Creek.

I love the fact that Auction Wizard lets you track all expenses related to each auction (insertion,FVF,etc.). Now my question is this:

For each of my auctions, I put all expenses related to each item in the auction lot (insertion, fvf, paypal/billpoint fees, and shipping fees).

However, when I run a profit report, Auction Wizard doesn't take into consideration that you are also collecting shipping and handling for each auction lot. The profit report is based on the final sale price, not the final sale price + shipping & handling + insurance.

Am I right? Isn't this the way it's supposed to be: Total Income - Total Expenses = Gross Profit ?

Conrad
(stranger )
09/11/02 09:12 PM
Re: Profit report new [re: malaki86]  

I have the same problem, I have to run two separate reports to get the right amount. How can you consider gross profit without the shipping income??

AuctionWizardAdministrator
(Auction Wizard Team)
09/13/02 08:34 AM
Re: Profit report new [re: malaki86]  

Thank you for your input on the Auction Lot Profit report. This has been added to our suggestion list.

-- The Auction Wizard Team

Conrad
(stranger )
04/24/03 07:46 PM
Re: Profit report new [re: AuctionWizard]  

Any additions to the Gross Profit report that includes shipping & insurance income on the horizon yet?? Is there a way to modify reports?

This lack of report is VERY frustrating!!

cporantes
(stranger )
06/18/03 08:25 AM
Re: Profit report new [re: Conrad]  

I don't understand why the shipping and handling is not included into the gross profit report. At least there should be a field specifically for handling fees. I charge different amounts for handling and packaging based upon the size and number of packages. I would like to have the availability of entering these fees into the gross profit report.

Handling and Packaging fees are considered Revenue. Gross Profit is Revenue minus Cost Of Goods Sold.

Shipping Costs may or may not be considered part of Cost of Goods Sold. Although I am not a CPA, I would expect that in this situation Shipping Costs would be Costs of Goods Sold and therefore should be calculated into the Gross Profit.

Previous threadView all threadsNext thread*Threaded Mode
Jump to

www.AuctionWizard2000.com | Contact Us Forums powered by WWWThreads