General
   >> Reports
Thread views: 11001 Previous threadView all threadsNext thread*Threaded Mode

justahobby
(stranger )
07/12/06 03:12 PM
Invoice Report Modification  

I've created a custom invoice for printing based on one of the standard invoice reports. I added the invoice item refid field. I would like to sort the report/subreport by the refid field. However, I can't find how to do so.

bluepennylady
(journeyman)
07/12/06 03:55 PM
Re: Invoice Report Modification new [re: justahobby]  

Hi,

I don't believe there is a method to sort the report once generated by those fields. That is a filter for sorting used prior to generating the report. I could be wrong, and if I am, someone will correct me. But I have never found that ability.

There are, however, several reports available that allow you to select "Reference Id" as a filter. Those report options are in Inventory reports, which I am sure you already found.

I guess maybe I should have asked what you were trying to use the Reference Id sorting for. That might make it easier to help you find a solution

Judy/blue

justahobby
(stranger )
07/12/06 07:27 PM
Re: Invoice Report Modification new [re: bluepennylady]  

I sell postage stamps. I have them filed in drawers. They are filed in order by the Reference ID that I assign them.

I modified the invoice so that I can use it as a picking document as well. Currently I'm averaging 9 items per order/invoice. It isn't uncommon to have 30 to 40 items on an invoice. Pulling the order would go much quicker if they were listed on the invoice in order by reference ID.

I've developed a workaround in which I created a query using Microsoft Access linking in the appropriate AW2K tables. When I get a larger order, I go into Access, run the query on that invoice number and it produces the results in order by reference ID. I can then pull the order much quicker.

I was just hoping to eliminate the step of having to go into Access to generate the report (or a separate report at all, for that matter).

Thanks for your help!

bluepennylady
(journeyman)
07/12/06 07:41 PM

Hi,

Got it! I understand completely. I have the same problem as my repeat buyer rate is high and sometimes they will buy tons of stuff over the course of a couple of weeks. I have one buyer right now that is up to I think 22 Invoice items as of today. And some of those Invoice Items are multiples of 3 or 4 of the same thing. The box may weigh a ton before the buyer is done

So to solve the problem of finding product in my 30,000 sq ft building on over 19- 6 shelf high pallet racks, we made up a packing slip and a pull slip. I used the Printed Invoice report and customized it.

Now I do things a bit differently as every day when auctions close, we print off "Pull slips" for just the items the buyers have won. That is the buyers that are bidding over the course of a few days. My staff will Pull the product the buyer has won that day. I have "Hold" bins with these reusable badge holders on them. The kind of badge holders like you get a conferences to put your name on your shirt. And we keep each buyers items in their bins until they are done. The shipping department is way up front of my building away from the warehouse. So it is much easier to pull the product as the buyer wins it. Then when they are done "shopping" and tell us to package, the shipping department packages up their goodies, invoices them and they are good to go.

Anyway, I customized a Printed Invoices Report and added the Storage Location, Stock Inventory Item number and the Reference Id. The Auction Title, auction ID number and qty fields are already there. I changed the report title to Pull slip and another to Packing slip. I have been using this for ummm, well over a couple of years. My staff likes it. Makes it easy to find the stuff on all these pallet racks, lateral files and shelving units.

You might give it a whirl and see if it would work for you.

Judy/blue

justahobby
(stranger )
07/13/06 06:32 PM

I'll poke around at some of the other reports to see if I can find one that I can sort by reference ID and customize it to look like an invoice.

Thanks for your help Judy!

bluepennylady
(journeyman)
07/13/06 07:45 PM

Hi,

I played around in the reports this afternoon (while I was suppose to be doing some training somewhere else, shhhh don't tell 'em :o)

The Inventory reports can all be sorted by Reference ID. As can the Auction lot reports. But boy howdy, I did not find a method of sorting all the Invoice Items on any of the Invoice Reports. That filter is not available or I am blind as a bat Which could be totally possible

But I have not given up yet. I have an idea or 2..

Judy/blue

bluepennylady
(journeyman)
07/17/06 05:41 PM

Hi,

After several days of customizing most the reports, Invoice items cannot be sorted by Reference IDs. The Sort By Reference Id filter is available in the Inventory Reports. And customizing an Inventory report will not provide the necessary information for pulling Invoice Items. As information is copied forward not backwards.

It is quite easy to customize a Printed Invoice report that includes the "Reference Id, Storage location, etc" but the Invoice items are not sortable into a particular order. The Invoice items are displayed in the order of the date the auction(s) were won.

Sooo, if you want some help or ideas for customizing the Invoice or Printed Invoice reports, I will be happy to. I happen to be really boned up on customizing right now, (especially after playing with the reports over the weekend )

Judy/blue

Drew_P
(Unregistered)
07/20/06 09:45 AM

Hi, Justahobby.
Sorry to break into the thread, but I was wondering how easy it was for you to link the AW2K data tables to your access DB. I need to prepare some queries and Access seems like the best way for me to go, as long as I can easily link in the AW2K tables. Haven't had much time lately to play around with Access or look closely at the AW2K tables.

Thanks,
Drew

Previous threadView all threadsNext thread*Threaded Mode
Jump to

www.AuctionWizard2000.com | Contact Us Forums powered by WWWThreads