General
   >> Reports
Thread views: 36365 *Threaded Mode

Pages in this thread: 1 | 2 | 3 | (show all)
bluepennylady
(member)
08/14/06 01:10 PM
Re: Consignment Report new [re: rollasos]  

Kathy,

Okay, you answered one of my questions. You have generated invoices for all the Sold Auction lots. Have you marked the consignment fees as "Paid' on any of the Invoices? If so, Depending on which report you are using, could be a cause for the issue.

Could you tell me which report you are using so I can take a look at the same one?

As far as editing the Auction lot after it is listed, you have to go to the Auction site to do that. You can click on the "World" on the Online Auction lot which will take you to the Auction page, hit Revise item. Which is what I do if I have to edit anything.

On the Invoice window, are you using the Grid view? Or is the Description hidden over to the side and you have to scroll over to see it? If the "Description" is over too far, just drag it over and drop it where it is easier to see.

Your Invoice for each buyer should be divided into 3 sections. Invoice info which includes the Profile, Invoice date, sale price, etc. Then the Buyer info on the right of the Invoice info. The Buyer section has several tabs which I am sure you have already found. Then the lower section which contains the Auction information such as Auction id, fees, Description, etc. Each Invoice item listed on the Invoice has a whole slug of information that you usually have to scroll over to see. But you can move any of those columns around to make it easier for you.

I don't know if that is what is happening to your description field or not. Meaning the Invoice item description field is too far over to the right so you are having scroll over to see it. Or are you clicking to the Auction lot to read the description?

If that is the case, you can see the Invoice belonging to that Sold Auction lot by clicking on "Buyers" Tab on the Auction lot. That is in the center of each Auction lot page. After moving to the "Buyer" tab, there is a green grid looking button on the right side. Right next to the Invoice number. When you place your mouse over it, you receive the "Tool tip" Go to Invocie. Click that green Invoice button, you will go directly back to the Invoice for that Auction lot. Gee I hope that makes sense. And I hope that makes it easier for you.

The whole program is all hooked together. I can move from any Inventory Item to the Auction lot by simply clicking on the Lot # in the Committed qty box. Or the Invoice # displayed in the Committed qty box.

Or I can move to any Invoice from the Sold Auction lot by clicking on the Buyer tab and clicking the Go To Invoice button. Or I can find the Sold Auction lot by clicking the Red hammer in the Invoice for each Invoice item.

Let me know which report you are using. And sorry I am answering you slow. I am so understaffed today.

Judy/blue

rollasos
(stranger )
08/14/06 01:42 PM
Re: Consignment Report new [re: bluepennylady]  

Judy,

I'm using the Summary by Consignor. Actually I've tried all the reports. I was staring at the Invoice screen again and realized something though...

I had a brain fart when I originally installed the program and somehow had duplicate auction lots. I wound up deleting the original lots and just downloaded everything from eBay to start fresh. Some of the invoices that I have are still associated with those old auction lots. I deleted the Invoices associated with those old lots and it seems to have worked. The report looks right (so far!)

Now, I've duplicated a payment and can't figure out how to delete the incorrect one. This is the sort of little stuff that drives me bonkers.

As for the Invoicing screen being difficult to navigate: I'll keep adjusting the settings and maybe I'll find a scenario that feels comfortable. Hopefully.

I do like the program, I just find it a little hard to navigate in some places. I'm a web designer and former dBase programmer so I wouldn't think I'm too dense for such a thing but, then again, I'm almost 40 so maybe I'm just getting old...lol.

Thanks for all your help, Judy.

Kathy

bluepennylady
(member)
08/14/06 01:57 PM

Kathy,

Cool! You will get the hang of it in no time. Why you will have your listing templates etc done in a jiffy and they'll look like dynamite. You will get the settings how you like them. That is part of the beauty, being able to configure some of the options to your own liking.

To delete the duplicate payment, go to the "Ledger" window. Click on the duplicate payment and hit the "minus" button on the Toolbar. You will receive a prompt asking if you want to delete the payment.

I knew it had to be something like that. That is why I have been fishing so hard on the Auction lots and consignor thing. You will be good to go.

If you think 40 is hard, try being over 50. Married with kids and grandkids. YIKES!

As you well know, becoming accustomed to a piece of software is half the battle. I have tested umpteen Auction management software programs. Nothing compares to Auction Wizard.

You are most welcome. I enjoy helping new users get up and running.

So the reports are working correctly now.

Judy/blue

rollasos
(stranger )
08/14/06 02:52 PM

Well, just when you think you have it all figured out....

I went through the Invoice and Ledger and deleted all the references to the old auction lots I had deleted. Now, I can't figure out how to generate new Invoices and input the payments for the actual auctions that have ended. When I try to generate Invoices (Tasks, Generate Invoices) it tells me "All sold auction lots have been invoiced."

I'm getting a headache..lol

Kathy

bluepennylady
(member)
08/14/06 03:03 PM

Kathy,

Yep, I understand. I have done the EXACT same thing. And now that I have staff, well sometimes they create their own messes I have to fix. You see, there are reasons I know how to fix this stuff. It is because I have made some HUGE messes and had to learn what to do. It is a correctable problem. Aren't you relieved

Go to the Sold Auction lots and click on the Buyer tab. Go to the far left pane that displays the end date and buyer user id. Right click. A pop up appears. Select re-invoice buyer. Repeat for each Auction lot that needs to be re-invoiced. Then you can go to "Tasks | Generate invoices. And you 'll be good to go.

The other option is to delete the buyers from all the Auction lots, update the Auction lots and then generate invoices. Either method will work fine.

I usually just re-invoice the buyer.

Judy/blue

rollasos
(stranger )
08/14/06 03:36 PM

Yay!

I did that and it seems to have worked. Tomorrow, I'll put back in all the payments I've received and see if it's accurate.

Thanks Judy, you're a lifesaver!

Kathy

bluepennylady
(member)
08/14/06 03:46 PM

Kathy,

Cool! That is great. Let me know if the reports work correctly or not. If they don't, I bet we can figure it out.

By the way, seeing you are a web-designer, do you have your own website?? I would love to take a peek. And what is your user id on eBay. I want to peek at your auctions as well. I love to see what others are doing.

Judy/blue

rollasos
(stranger )
08/15/06 10:44 AM

Hi Judy,

Well, I got in all the payments (for the 3rd time...so far.) All of the consignors that have successfully sold items are coming out on the Consignor's Summary report fine. I still can't see any information on consignors with items that failed to sell or have items up for sale currently. Is that possible? I thought I asked that once and you said it was but I must have something else set up wonky because it's not working for me.

BTW: My website address is www.rollasos.com. My eBay ID is rollasos and my store is sosauctionsonline. If you see something there I could be doing better, I always appreciate advice from seasoned pros.

bluepennylady
(member)
08/15/06 11:05 AM

Kathy,

I am glad everything seems to be working better for you.

You can pull up Auction lot reports by Status and Consignor as well as Profile by going to Auction Lot reports | Auction Lot List by Consignor. You can set the filters for any range. The basic report does not calculate the fees automatically. However, it can be customized. Just click Customize. The edit the report using a database calculation. I can show you exactly how if you would like.

Thanks for your website and user id on eBay. I'll go look :o)

Judy/blue

rollasos
(stranger )
08/15/06 12:15 PM

Hoorah!

I edited the Auction Lot List report to include a total for fees and it works beautifully.

Is there any way to automatically email consignor's the auction lots that I post for them?

Thanks again for all your help, Judy.

Kathy

Pages in this thread: 1 | 2 | 3 | (show all)
*Threaded Mode
Jump to

www.AuctionWizard2000.com | Contact Us Forums powered by WWWThreads