General
   >> Reports
Thread views: 10200 Previous threadView all threadsNext thread*Threaded Mode

windquest
(stranger )
10/11/06 03:36 AM
ad field to report  

Hi
I am using "invoice Summary by Buyer w/ Item Detail" for my pick list and was wondering is I could add the item location field to this report so I can use the report to also find out where the item was stored.
Is this the best report for a pick list?

Thanks

Alex

bluepennylady
(addict)
10/11/06 05:39 AM
Re: ad field to report new [re: windquest]  

Alex,

You can add the Inventory Item Storage location to some reports but not the one you are using. I customized a Printed Invoices>Invoice report for a Pick list.

You are looking for the DBText field "StorageLocation." The DBText is in the 2nd section of icons right above the font selection field. It is the "A" on top of a piece of paper. Hope that makes sense?

Be sure to change, when customizing, the dropdown box selection from Invoice to InvoiceItems. Then the StorageLocation and other selections you might want added to a pick list will be available.

You'll have to save a copy of the report in order to customize the report. I deleted all the fields I didn't really want on my reports and added a few a did such as the StorageLocation and "StockItemNumber".

Let me know if that helps.

Judy/blue

bluepennylady
(addict)
10/12/06 01:46 PM
Re: ad field to report new [re: bluepennylady]  

Alex,

Were you able to customize a report to better fit your needs?

Judy/blue

windquest
(stranger )
10/12/06 02:11 PM

Well I think the way you suggested means I have to print out an invoice for each item. I want a single sheet or more that tells me what was sold and where it is stored so I can retrieve it. Maybe the powers to be could add it to the report I was using or come up with a new one. It takes a while to obsorb all the stuff AW2K offers but I am getting pretty confortable with it.

Alex

bluepennylady
(addict)
10/12/06 02:21 PM

Alex,

Yes the report I suggested is for individually printing but not for each item. The report is printed for each Invoice and the report will contain each Invoice Item on the Invoice. So if the buyer has won 10 items, all 10 items appear on the report complete with Storage location, Stock number, etc or whatever I have included in the customized report. I did not understand what you wanted. I apologize.

What you are wanting is completely doable. Use the Shipping manifest and customize it. Be sure to change from Invoice to Invoice items. The DB Text is the field and the targeted information is StorageLocation. Might give this one a try to see if it works better. If not, let me know and I'll see if I can create one that works for you.

Judy/blue

Edited by bluepennylady on 10/12/06 02:23 PM (server time).

windquest
(stranger )
10/13/06 05:33 AM

Hi Judy
Well I was going to ask you to change the report for me so I wouldn't have to spend lots of time figuring out how to change it . After reading your last email closely several times I figured out how to do it and now the report is exactly like I want it. It wasn't difficult at all once I got the hang of it. I customized the Shipping Manifest that you suggest.

Thanks so much

Alex

bluepennylady
(addict)
10/13/06 07:14 AM

Alex,

Excellent! Once you get into customizing reports, you'll find you will use the feature frequently.

Judy/blue

Previous threadView all threadsNext thread*Threaded Mode
Jump to

www.AuctionWizard2000.com | Contact Us Forums powered by WWWThreads