General
   >> Reports
Thread views: 9558 Previous threadView all threadsNext thread*Threaded Mode

MaudMan
(Unregistered)
11/29/02 08:07 AM
Tracking actual costs...  

How do I keep track of my actual costs for a particular item? Not only cost for just the item, but also my shipping costs?

If I offer a fixed shipping rate to the buyer, but it doesn't end up costing me that exact amount, I might have made a little on shipping.

Where/how do I track that, and then is there a report that shows how much I made on each item, versus the actual cost including my shipping expenses.

There seems to be three different places to enter shipping & insurance costs:

1. On the auction lot screen.
2. On the Invoice screen (figures into the total invoice amount).
3. On the invoice screen in the Invoice Item grid view.

It seems like I would track my ACTUAL costs under #3, but where does that show up on a report?

Dave

AuctionWizardAdministrator
(Auction Wizard Team)
11/30/02 10:51 AM
Re: Tracking actual costs... new [re: MaudMan]  

The amount you pay for shipping is not tracked on the Auction Lots or Invoices, so it does not appear in the "Auction Lot Profit" reports. This is on our suggestion list. You can enter your shipping expenses in the Ledger. Expenses are summarized in the "Expenses" report.

-- The Auction Wizard Team

Anonymous
(Unregistered)
12/01/02 11:08 AM
Re: Tracking actual costs... new [re: AuctionWizard]  

Where do you recommend recording PayPal fees and other misc costs that might be associated with an auction lot?

I noticed in the Auction Fees section under "Additional Fields" for the auction lot, there is a + and - buttons. If I added an extra field there for PayPal, would it get figured into any reports?

Dave

AuctionWizardAdministrator
(Auction Wizard Team)
12/02/02 12:52 PM
Re: Tracking actual costs... new [re: Anonymous]  

If you want your PayPal fees to appear on the "Expenses" report, then record them in the Ledger. If you want your PayPal fees included in the "Gross Profit" computation on the "Auction Lot Profit" reports, then you can enter them in the "Auction Fees" grid on the "Additional Fields" tab of the Auction Lots window. Click the "+" button above the grid to add a new fee. Fill-in the Date, Description and Amount for the fee in the grid.

-- The Auction Wizard Team

cporantes
(stranger )
06/18/03 08:16 AM
Re: Tracking actual costs... new [re: AuctionWizard]  

How do I attach an expense to a sale and be able to run reports on the expense category?

Previous threadView all threadsNext thread*Threaded Mode
Jump to

www.AuctionWizard2000.com | Contact Us Forums powered by WWWThreads