General
   >> Reports
Thread views: 9600 Previous threadView all threadsNext thread*Threaded Mode

gail
(Unregistered)
01/14/03 10:59 AM
auction lot profit  

The other day I did my auction lot profit report for the year. I was very depressed afterwards. I had worked 12 months for very little money.

It took me a a while to figure out the the listings in archive were not included in the total. How do I get the whole year? Do I have to bring them out of archive? and if so how do I do that?

Thank you!

AuctionWizardAdministrator
(Auction Wizard Team)
01/14/03 04:34 PM
Re: auction lot profit new [re: gail]  

Data in the archive is not accessible within the Auction Wizard 2000 program. If you need to include archive data in reports, you must restore the data from the archive. You can restore data from the archive using the Purge and Archive utility (Tools | Database Tools | Purge and Archive Utility... on the menu bar).

-- The Auction Wizard Team

Anonymous
(Unregistered)
01/14/03 04:46 PM
Re: auction lot profit new [re: AuctionWizard]  

Is this implying that when we archive, all the cost/profit information from finished auctions is removed from the ledger and accounting part of AW2K? This would not be a good thing at all.

gail
(Unregistered)
01/15/03 03:35 AM
Re: auction lot profit new [re: Anonymous]  

Thank you for the help.

I was looking forward to the archive feature to clean up my auction lot page. I wasn't expecting to have to restore it everytime info was needed though. If I want to check out something on an archived lot, I have to restore all of it? Isn't there a way to have a seperate window within the program?

The ledger stuff is still there but some of the reports pull the info from the auction lots. Those reports will be missing the archived info.

AuctionWizardAdministrator
(Auction Wizard Team)
01/16/03 01:29 PM
Re: auction lot profit new [re: Anonymous]  

The whole purpose of archiving data is to remove it from the database. This keeps the database size down, so that program can work faster. You should not archive any data that you still need to access. If you need access to data that has been archived, then restore that data. There are advanced settings in the Purge and Archive Utility for selecting which records you want to archive or restore.

-- The Auction Wizard Team

Previous threadView all threadsNext thread*Threaded Mode
Jump to

www.AuctionWizard2000.com | Contact Us Forums powered by WWWThreads