Introductions
   >> Showcase
Thread views: 64412 Previous threadView all threadsNext thread*Threaded Mode

Pages in this thread: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | (show all)
tictictic_OnEbay
(member)
10/08/06 03:29 PM
Re: Local history new [re: AquilaStamps]  

I just used Color Cop to match the background color of my current wallpaper (desktop background as Windows calls it these days) to one of my many digital post-it notes so that it nearly disappears (only the text shows). So cool! So silly that I care! LOL. Have real work to do.......

Sue

bluepennylady
(enthusiast)
10/08/06 03:37 PM
Re: Local history new [re: tictictic_OnEbay]  

Sue,

I'm with ya girl! I am lovin this color cop thing. I like things to match but I just can't do it without help. Now that I have help, I am going to be a match makin nut!

Judy/blue

AquilaStamps
(member)
10/08/06 06:40 PM
Re: Local history new [re: bluepennylady]  

Judy:
You're more than welcome. I found ColorCop quite a while ago and it has been living on my computer ever since and often it gets daily use. I've found it a invaluable tool and it has made the old way of color picking no longer necessary. What was a 15 to 20 minute labor to match one color is now done in 2 seconds.

So now you have the right color of judyblue.

Welcome back from your afternoon off. Hope you enjoyed the horse back riding. Sounds as if it was a fun time.

Garry

AquilaStamps
(member)
10/08/06 06:41 PM

Sue:

It's not that it is silly, or anything. It's a simple matter of "I can do it !!"

Ain't teknologie fun

Garry

bluepennylady
(enthusiast)
10/08/06 07:28 PM

Garry,

I did, I did enjoy my ride. My best friend had a knee replacement several months ago. And she is my horse back riding buddy too. She is just now getting where she can ride for more than 20 minutes at a time. So today she took out a new horse she is thinking about buying. And I took out my older horse and ponied the colt I am breaking.

And yes I can have the right Judy/blue color

Judy/blue

tictictic_OnEbay
(member)
10/10/06 01:27 PM

Garry,

You are so kind to give me all these tips! I will definitely try to find some of this paper. I plan to call photo stores tomorrow. And I love all the possible sources for freebies (maybe I should be haunting the dumpsters behind the photo stores -- I'm a devoted dumpster diver already!). Also, I use canned air for picture-framing -- never occurred to me to have a can handy when I'm photographing.

Thanks again, Sue

bluepennylady
(addict)
10/10/06 02:01 PM

Sue,

I wish you lived closer to me. I would happily give you some paper. Right now, I have rolls of Kraft paper in the too heavy to lift kind of rolls. The schools use them a lot. And we use them for our pictures as well. Works out pretty good.

Judy/blue

AquilaStamps
(member)
10/10/06 02:09 PM

Sue:
You're welcome. You'll be surprised how easy it is to get rid of the lint with the canned air. Also if you find the paper you'll be very happy with how it enhances the details on glassware. Don't dive too deeply into those dumpsters - sometimes people have been known to not be able to climb out.

Garry

tictictic_OnEbay
(member)
10/10/06 02:27 PM
Re: Local history new [re: bluepennylady]  

Thanks (even though you're too far away, it's the offer that counts).

I have loads of papers and mat boards, but even the most matte-appearing surfaces will bounce light when photographed in bright natural lighting (not direct sun). I think I need to find one of the surfaces Garry talks about -- something intended for photographers' use. Even the velvet board I have (it's for picture mats) will look silver in a photo depending on the camera angle. Just need to spend some time searching and experimenting. Will report back......

Sue

tictictic_OnEbay
(member)
10/10/06 02:51 PM

Heh heh! I made a "dive stick" -- a length of 1 x 1 wood with a screw-hook in the end. Very handy for snagging stuff from store dumpsters. Businesses toss out the most amazing things! It's an absolute crime what they throw away. Since I discovered the Staples dumpster, it'll be a long time before I need to buy printer paper again. I think their copy center grabs a ream off the shelf when they run out of some special paper for some print job, and then they just toss out the remainder. I love trash!

Sue (not a bag lady; no where near, in fact; having financial resources and being frugal are not mutually exclusive, but I suppose eBay sellers in general already know that)

Pages in this thread: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | (show all)
Previous threadView all threadsNext thread*Threaded Mode
Jump to

www.AuctionWizard2000.com | Contact Us Forums powered by WWWThreads