Introductions
   >> Showcase
Thread views: 64409 Previous threadView all threadsNext thread*Threaded Mode

Pages in this thread: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | (show all)
tictictic_OnEbay
(member)
10/06/06 12:36 PM
Local history new  

I think this is the first time I've posted an auction here, but I especially liked the way this one turned out, so....

http://cgi.ebay.com/Old-Advertising-Folding-Book-Rack-Lorings-San-Diego_W0QQitemZ140039297747

I created a template just for this one item, so I could insert a photo from a postcard, and I added a wide black border to the bottom of the center image (whether it's in the center or not depends on the viewer's monitor size and settings, I suppose), so that it appears aligned with the other two pictures (otherwise, the lower edges of the images would be aligned -- you could do this with any color background; would just have to identify the color's HTML ID number and match it in your image editing program). I think you can do similar things by using frames, but I'm not familiar with those techniques. Not that any of this really enhances the chance an item will sell, but it's kinda fun to play with the possibilities, ya know?

Anyway, I visited this book store a few times many decades ago (not quite as long ago as when the parade took place -- I'm not THAT old). I think the building is still there, but Loring's is out of business.

Sue

bluepennylady
(enthusiast)
10/06/06 12:46 PM
Re: Local history new [re: tictictic_OnEbay]  

Sue,

That looks really good! I like that. And I like the bookstand too

Judy/blue

tictictic_OnEbay
(member)
10/06/06 01:53 PM
Re: Local history new [re: bluepennylady]  

Thanks Judy!

bluepennylady
(enthusiast)
10/06/06 02:37 PM

Sue,

You are so creative. You and your listing templates. Always coming up with new ways to make your listings looks so fine!

Judy/blue

tictictic_OnEbay
(member)
10/06/06 03:20 PM

My kids think I'm nuts to spend time on the look of an auction I'm starting at 99 cents, but it's not much trouble to play with AW templates when I'm sitting here with the tv on one side and a bag of Reeses Peanut Butter Cups on the other. If we can compose auctions at the same time as we are doing the usual evening leisure activities, why not use colors and other embellishments. It makes a mundane chore more interesting.

Thanks again for your kind comments, Sue

bluepennylady
(enthusiast)
10/06/06 03:31 PM

Sue,

Reeses Peanut Butter cups!! YUMMMY!! I love those things but I can't have them. No wonder you like to change your templates around. TV and Reeses.

Judy/blue

AquilaStamps
(member)
10/07/06 01:31 PM

Sue:
KEWL! I like the page you did. It looks great and bet you had fun doing it. I use a black background a lot of the time because the images stand out so well on black.

I looked at some of the other auctions you have and found that you put a lot of though and work into each page. I think that be buyer notices it also. You really have been creative with AW2K. Congrats!

By the way I wondered why I didn't remember seeing you at the parade - I was driving the flower car. Well not really but at times I feel as if I could have been.

Garry

AquilaStamps
(member)
10/07/06 01:38 PM

Oohhhhhhhhhh Reeses. Have you tried matching the wrapper color for a background. Might make bidders so hungry they bid. :D

Garry

BTW have you ever tried or used "Colorcop" it is a great free color matching program.

bluepennylady
(enthusiast)
10/07/06 01:43 PM
Re: Local history new [re: AquilaStamps]  

Garry,

Where do I find "Colorcop"???????? I need help with color. My mom can look at a rug or curtains, go all the way across town and match the stinking things perfectly. I did not, however, inherit that ability. I did get my dad's slimmness, work horseness, and dark features

Judy/blue

AquilaStamps
(member)
10/07/06 01:50 PM

Hi Judy:

Colorcop is great. It's a small program that you run and it will stay ON TOP of all of the windows - or you can minimize it and get it out of the way. The program has an eyedropper that will go anywhere on your desktop and tell you the rgb or cmyk color mix and it has a magnifying glass to get in deeper to a region to match a tiny spot. Once it tells you the RGB or CMYK color mix you type that into the program you are using and you're ready to go.

Color Cop Website:
http://www.datastic.com/tools/colorcop/

Color Cop Download: http://www.datastic.com/tools/colorcop.zip

I stumbled on it a long time ago and use it quite frequently when designing First Day Cover Cachets. However, it has tons of usage. Now if you scan in the rug ......

Garry

Pages in this thread: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | (show all)
Previous threadView all threadsNext thread*Threaded Mode
Jump to

www.AuctionWizard2000.com | Contact Us Forums powered by WWWThreads