General
   >> Websites
Thread views: 11579 Previous threadView all threadsNext thread*Threaded Mode

R. Sharp
(Unregistered)
05/07/04 04:56 PM
AW2K exported .csv database querry from a HTML?  

I want to have a page on my website that when somone selects an Inventory Category from a drop down list) will retrieve all records from the AW2K created databse matching that selected category, and shows them in a table I create.

My host uses MySQL.

Bottom line, it would benice to use all the data and work I put into my AW2k inventory items into web pages on my hosted web site.

grumpy3b
(stranger )
03/01/05 02:48 PM
Re: AW2K exported .csv database querry from a HTML? new [re: R. Sharp]  

hi...it would be nice if this version of aw2k supported dfferent database platform but ti does not and likely will not. The best thing you can do is to write a small utility program that reads in all of the data from aw2k tables then puts it into your mySQL database. Not idea but it is doable.

There is issue sthough one being the format that the images are stored in...I believe Thim said it is a bit more complicated then a simple blob data type and the images are compressed somehow.

All of the other data seems to be accessable though...but I would have doubts about inserting new rows into tables but there might not be problems modifying fields in a record.

Hope that helps a bit... ;)

nan
(stranger )
03/06/05 07:45 PM
Re: AW2K exported .csv database querry from a HTML new [re: R. Sharp]  

I use php and a mysql database for my website. First I export the data from aw2k to a .csv file. I have a php utility to read that file and generate a text file that has parsed the data into "insert" statements. Then I just use that file to insert my items from aw2k to mysql. I use php instead of html for my website pages to parse the data from the mysql database to html. So everytime anyone accesses my website, they are looking at whatever is in the database, and I don't have to edit html pages each and every time I add something. I still need to do some streamlining, but this works for me now.

http://www.goodwinantiques.com

Nan

Previous threadView all threadsNext thread*Threaded Mode
Jump to

www.AuctionWizard2000.com | Contact Us Forums powered by WWWThreads