General
   >> Websites
Thread views: 36458 Previous threadView all threadsNext thread*Threaded Mode

Pages in this thread: 1 | 2 | (show all)
Anonymous
(Unregistered)
09/29/06 08:00 PM
VirtueMart  

Anybody have a website that uses VirtueMart? If so ever use AW2000 to do the uploads?
Does anyone know if AW is compatible/workable with VM?
Joomla is frontend and VM is backend of website..would really love to be able to use AW for products in the store.

Thanks
Sandy

AquilaStamps
(member)
09/29/06 08:36 PM
Re: VirtueMart new [re: Anonymous]  

Sandy:

I have not used VirtueMart. However, I wonder if you can set up AW2K to have VirtueMart as a website and once you have uploaded to eBay etc then "update websites". Would that work for you? A great deal will depend on the template you design I'm sure. I really have no idea if this will work but it sure would be worth it if you could make it work. I had looked at VirtueMart but will have to go back and look at it again just to see what the template might need. Sorry I'm not much help - only an idea and that hasn't been tested. Good luck.

If I find out anything after playing around with a template I'll let you know.

Garry

Anonymous
(Unregistered)
09/29/06 10:02 PM
Re: VirtueMart new [re: AquilaStamps]  

Thanks Garry,
The template for Joomla is 247 Shock blue, I don't know what the VirtueMart template is..they are integrated on the site PSU is the host...
and I would love to use AW, but I'm code dumb and know nothing about the how's where's whens of php, virtuemart, etc.

Thanks for any and all help.

Sandy

Anonymous
(Unregistered)
09/29/06 10:05 PM

As an added side note here, I want eBay out of the picture if at all possible, except for a few auctions now and then to drive traffic I won't be listing much over on feebay.

Sandy
Oh, my site is www.wvpennysaver.com if you care to have a looky.
Nothing much listed up there yet, just some try it out products...

AquilaStamps
(member)
09/30/06 04:19 AM

Sandy:

It appears that because VirtueMart is a "closed system" you probably won't be able to use AW2K. However, I'm far from the person to really know. Why not email Thom and he can tell you in a few seconds if there is a way that you can use any part of AW2K to do your auctions on VirtueMart. Sorry that I'm not better help.

Garry

bluepennylady
(enthusiast)
10/01/06 03:07 PM
Re: VirtueMart new [re: AquilaStamps]  

Sandy,

AW2K can generate websites for you. You configure the website in AW2K, edit the website thumbnail template to fit your needs. When you Queue an Auction lot for listing, you can assign the Auction lot to one of the AW2K generated websites. After you have listed Auction lots on eBay, eBay Store, Overstock, Yahoo, or Player auctions, you then update those website(s) using AW2K. Anything you have assigned to an Aw2K website will upload. You can then send your buyers to those websites. They can click the link to take them to the auction. Or you can also edit those website templates to not display the auction links but email addy. And the buyers can email you to purchase items. I do both and it works very well.

As far as using AW2k to actually interface with the tool you used to build your e-commerce site, I don't think it will work. But Garry is right, you should contact Thom. He's the man to tell you for sure.

Judy/blue

Anonymous
(Unregistered)
10/01/06 06:28 PM
Re: VirtueMart new [re: bluepennylady]  

Thank you both, Garry and Judy, for your replies.

I wrote to Tom, but I imagine he's a very busy person, thus I've not heard badk from him.

Right now I'm struggling to learn about CSV and how to export from AW and then up to VM. Guess that's about the only thing I can do to accomplish my goals.

Thanks again,
Sandy

bluepennylady
(enthusiast)
10/01/06 07:20 PM

Sandy,

What in particular are you exporting in CSV? Inventory Items, Auction lots?

I may be able to help you with the export thing.

Judy/blue

sdduck92
(stranger )
05/13/08 11:25 PM

I found this old thread when I did a search for Joomla. I'm currently using Joomla for the front end of my store (www.buehnertrading.com) outside of the auction sites. I believe AW2k could be used as a way to push inventory to the joomla inventory management system through the load to website tool. This may have to be through .csv, xml or another tool to allow the my SQL DB to accept athe update. I'll try to do a little research on the topic and see if the process can be automated. The other options is to use the manual .csv or xml upload to the Joomla inventory. The problem with this method is it is highly manual and does not allow AW2K to maintain its position as the system of record for inventory data. If anyone has already attempted a AW2K to Joomla interface I'd love to hear what issues you encountered or progress made.

Thanks,
SD Duck
http://www.buehnertrading.com

P.S. BTW, the benefit of using AW2K to push to the site is to skip the fees associated with auction sites. Joomla can accept Paypal payments or other merchant transaction gateways, so you save in the long run if people purchase through your site.

sdduck92
(stranger )
05/15/08 05:29 PM
Re: VirtueMart new [re: sdduck92]  

Just a quick follow up to my prior post. I found it may be easier to interface with Zen Cart. Zen Cart will allow you to upload inventory items directly to the mySQL database from an excel spreadsheet. I've redeveloped my store in Zen CArt and placed a few items up for sale. I've also placed a listing of my current ebay store items on the main page to fill the page. I hooked Zen Cart up to Paypal, so users are directed to PayPal and back when they purchase an item from the site. Zen cart also lets you use alternate payment gateways if you want. I'll check out if I can either export to excel and use the excel file from AW2K or use the update website tool to update Zen Cart. If anyone has already tried this, let me know how it turned out or any progress. Once I get some results I'll open a new post for the AW2K to Zen Cart gateway.

SD Duck
http://www.buehnertrading.com

Pages in this thread: 1 | 2 | (show all)
Previous threadView all threadsNext thread*Threaded Mode
Jump to

www.AuctionWizard2000.com | Contact Us Forums powered by WWWThreads