General
   >> Websites
Thread views: 7363 Previous threadView all threadsNext thread*Threaded Mode

auldooly
(stranger )
03/18/09 05:26 PM
Search Engines vs. AW2K Websites  

I've just now seen a problem with my AW2K generated websites that I would like to bring to the attention of the AW2K staff, or at least entertain suggestions to work around this, thus:

When I look at my website stats pages, I have a list of search strings that brought visitors to the site. I just now, for the fun of it, copied one of those search strings (racine rail saw schematic) and plugged it into Google. And found my entry to be at the very top of the page!

But when I click on the Google listing, it takes me to my website's ebay auction thumbnail page, but to an entirely different auction.

The reason, I think, is that when Google looked at my website, the auction for this item (TRAK-KUT Abrasive Rail Saw Manual, RACINE) was at that time "ebay22" on the page generated by AW2K. Since then, new auctions have been listed, the web page has been updated, and "ebay22" is now a bunch of light bulbs. But Google has cached the old info, and that's what searchers get.

I imagine my searcher may have been a bit disappointed at this, not to mention that perhaps I've lost a sale. Hey, ten bucks is ten bucks!

So my suggestion is that, when my software uploads thumbnails and lot pages, each individual lot not be given a new number each time, but perhaps use my auction lot number as it shows up in my database.

That way this particular item would be "ebay96" today, and if I relist it next month or next year it is still "ebay 96" and the search engine will still point to the correct page.

Or if there is a workaround that I can do, please let me know.

Thanks,

Henry

Jump to

www.AuctionWizard2000.com | Contact Us Forums powered by WWWThreads