General
   >> Auction Lots
Thread views: 15751 Previous threadView all threadsNext threadFlat Mode*

tictictic_OnEbay
(addict)
10/12/10 01:07 PM
Re: Item Specifics Warnings [re: bluepennylady]  

I check for program updates every three days and just ran a category update this morning.

I checked several of the Lots I listed recently. All the Item Specifics values I selected -- either from those already available or those I created/typed in (which I guess are considered "custom") -- all show up on eBay just fine.

In your earlier reply, I think you indicated the same warning about accepting only custom Item Specifics would result whether we listed with AW or with eBay's program. Is that right? If so, that proves it's eBay goofiness, I suppose.

A Google search turned up a lot of comments about the same warning:

From eBay Forums:
"It means there is no prefilled item spefics on file for that category, whatever it is.

You must create your own by using the button to add them.

Likely there is not stock photo availible either.

Ebay does not store the prefilled info or photo on the item spefics, they come from and are linked to Muse Inc."

---- AND ----

"To attempt to correct this issue, we suggest that you reset the data within the Turbo Lister program by following the directions below:

1. Open Turbo Lister
2. Go to Tools->Install Complete Version Update
3. This should pop up a dialog box. Click ""OK"".

Once the updates are installed, edit the items generating the error and select the Condition from the Dropdown menu in the Details section, located directly below the Category fields, not within the Item Specific section where it used to be located."

----------------------

This issue is also discussed on some of the developer boards/forums, but no one seems to know exactly how to deal with it.

----------------------

There are references to "only accepts custom item specifics" going back to 2005.

Ok, so we will ignore yet another example of eBay oddness.

Sue

Entire thread
Subject  Posted byPosted on
*Item Specifics Warnings  tictictic_OnEbay10/11/10 07:30 PM
.*Re: Item Specifics Warnings  bluepennylady10/12/10 09:37 AM
..Re: Item Specifics Warnings  tictictic_OnEbay10/12/10 01:07 PM
.*Re: Item Specifics Warnings  bluepennylady10/13/10 00:11 AM
.*Re: Item Specifics Warnings  bluepennylady10/12/10 05:53 AM
.*Re: Item Specifics Warnings  moonstruck2210/11/10 09:24 PM
Jump to

www.AuctionWizard2000.com | Contact Us Forums powered by WWWThreads