General
   >> Auction Lots
Thread views: 10683 Return to the search engineFlat Mode*

AquilaStamps
(addict)
05/10/08 04:52 PM
Re: May 12 rates/insurance info/upping Ship Options [re: tictictic_OnEbay]  

Sue:

Well, you're right - a beautiful Saturday and what a horrible time to be doing Postage Rates. You asked about insurance . . . I use DSI for insurance and my contract is pretty simple. Normally it is $0.75 for US and $1.00 for everywhere else. That way my templates for insurance show $0.75 for the US people and $1.00 for the rest of the world. It works out very good that way. Also I've noticed more and more people selecting insurance - I have a feeling it is because the price is reasonable. I don't always insure something if they don't request it unless I'm uncomfortable taking that kind of loss. If I feel that it should be insured I pay for it myself just for my comfort level. It paid off for me on a $83.00 package to Germany that just never got to the customer. I filed with DSI and got my money and it only cost me $1.00 at the front end. However, now that particular customer always asks for insurance. All of his other purchases had made it without problems. Don't know what happened but when I mailed it I wasn't sure I wanted to front that kind of money if it was lost. That is where DSI is so much easier and better than USPS Insurance.

As for the new postage rates - I spent a bit of time thinking about the work involved in changing everything for the few extra cents in postage. Currently I charge flat rate with combined shipping. There is just enough in the amount to cover the new increase. So my Executive Meeting Decision (EMD) was to leave shipping charges alone and let it go for now. You are so right - the increases will come yearly now - so next year I'll probably have to change the shipping charges then. But as Scarlet said - "I'll worry about it tomorrow"

The new Priority Mail rates according to the latest USPS Rate Sheet sent to Dealers is:

Priority Mail Flat Rate ENVELOPE - $4.80
Priority Mail Flat Rate Reg. BOX - $9.80
Priority Mail Flat Rate LARGE Box - $12.95

Here is the verbiage from the sheet:
1. $4.80 is charged for matter sent in a Priority Mail flat-rate envelope provided by the USPS, regardless of weight or destination.

2. $9.80 is charged for material sent in a Priority Mail regular flat-rate box provided by the USPS, regardless of weight or destination.

3. $12.95 is charged for material sent in a Priority Mail large flat-rate box provided by the USPS, regardless of weight to domestic addresses.

4. $10.95 for material sent in a Priority Mail large flat-rate box to APO/FPO destination addresses.

Hope this helps.

Garry

Entire thread
Subject  Posted byPosted on
*May 12 rates/insurance info/upping Ship Options  tictictic_OnEbay05/10/08 04:01 PM
.*Re: May 12 rates/insurance info/upping Ship Options  bluepennylady05/10/08 05:18 PM
.*Re: May 12 rates/insurance info/upping Ship Options  tictictic_OnEbay05/11/08 12:28 PM
.*Re: May 12 rates/insurance info/upping Ship Options  bluepennylady05/11/08 05:18 PM
.*Re: May 12 rates/insurance info/upping Ship Options  tictictic_OnEbay05/11/08 05:37 PM
..Re: May 12 rates/insurance info/upping Ship Options  AquilaStamps05/10/08 04:52 PM
Jump to

www.AuctionWizard2000.com | Contact Us Forums powered by WWWThreads