auldooly
(stranger )
02/05/09 06:17 AM
Re: Changing the status of a bunch of lots at once. [re: bluepennylady]  

Back online, finally!

Here is the link to the website.

www.auldooly.com

The catalog is under "Our Merchandise Offerings"

The catalog page is simply one of the aw2k thumbnail templates. Editing in HTML, I removed the references to eBay and added the “mailto” into the header, then I went to work on the “section that is repeated for each auction lot”. Here I added the “title” field, took out the “description” field, added the “minimum bid” field, then pasted in the “mailto” from the header, only now I replaced the subject with the “title” field...It seems to work.

To place my standard navbar at the bottom, I just copied the source code from my HTML editor software and pasted it in AFTER the “section that is repeated for each auction lot.” But I see now that I need to work on those links some more.

Those lots that I wish to park on the webcatalog I assign to a different profile, to avoid confusion with my active listings. So now I just queue these lots, include them in the website using this new thumbnail template, update the website, then put these lots back on “hold” and I have an instant (more or less) web catalog. So far, I like it, but as always I'll keep tweaking it.

Not as elegant and spiffy as a shopping cart, but quick and easy and costs essentially nothing. I've been surprised over the last few years at the amount of stuff I've sold through the website without ever doing any advertising or promotion of any sort. It's necessary, though, to constantly update the META tags that search engines see. (Which I haven't done yet.)

I still have a lot to do the site. I decided back in December to totally rework every part of it, and it's taking time. (I was told by younger members of the family that I needed to get rid of the “old people” colors and make it more vibrant. So I did.)

I've been using Aw2k for about 18 months and I'm just now sitting down with it and really learning it's capabilities and how to make it work for me. Sheesh, I wish I had this 10 years ago!! I started the website about 8 years ago, when the hits on my eBay images maxed out our Mindspring/Earthlink bandwidth and they started charging more per month, and I decided that a website and domain were a better way to go.

As always, I'm open to any comments & suggestions.

Entire thread
Subject  Posted byPosted on
*Changing the status of a bunch of lots at once.  auldooly01/29/09 07:21 PM
.*Re: Changing the status of a bunch of lots at once.  bluepennylady01/29/09 07:36 PM
.*Re: Changing the status of a bunch of lots at once.  auldooly01/30/09 07:44 AM
.*Re: Changing the status of a bunch of lots at once.  bluepennylady01/30/09 08:11 AM
.*Re: Changing the status of a bunch of lots at once.  auldooly01/31/09 03:42 PM
.*Re: Changing the status of a bunch of lots at once.  bluepennylady01/31/09 06:47 PM
.*Re: Changing the status of a bunch of lots at once.  auldooly02/04/09 11:19 AM
.*Re: Changing the status of a bunch of lots at once.  bluepennylady02/04/09 11:40 AM
..Re: Changing the status of a bunch of lots at once.  auldooly02/05/09 06:17 AM
.*Re: Changing the status of a bunch of lots at once.  bluepennylady02/05/09 07:03 AM
.*Re: Changing the status of a bunch of lots at once.  auldooly02/05/09 08:10 AM
.*Re: Changing the status of a bunch of lots at once.  bluepennylady02/05/09 08:13 AM
Jump to

www.AuctionWizard2000.com | Contact Us Forums powered by WWWThreads