Configuration
   >> Auction Profiles
Thread views: 16363 Flat Mode*

Pmack
(stranger )
10/22/07 03:29 PM
problem with profiles  

I'm running up against a problem with AW and can't seem to solve it.

Here's the situation. I had username (call it "One") on ebay. I decided to ditch the username and start a new one (call it "Two") .
More than thirty days ago, I changed my user name "One" to "One_Old", so the original username of "One" is not even active on ebay; I can't log in under it, and a search says the ID is not active.

I start up AW, go to "auction profiles" under the File menu and edit the profile details of "One" to reflect the new ID of "Two". For ease of use, I used the same password on both usernames, so I did not edit this field.

I take an auction that has been previously used as "One" and make sure the "auction profile" now says it belongs to "Two". I post an auction. It shows up on eBay under the username "One_Old". I have never provided the renamed user ID to AW. I can't even log on under the name "One", but somehow AW is able to do this.

I log into ebay under the username "One_Old" and change the account password, hoping this will cause AW to fail at the log-in stage. I queue another auction under profile "Two" and it again posts to "One_Old". To be clear: AW is able to log in under a username that doesn't exist using a password that has been changed.

I finally have enough of this nonsense, delete the profile completely and exit the program. I restart and create a new profile using all the details of "Two". As soon as I choose 'eBay" as the "Auction Site User ID", the password field greys out. I continue anyway, again thinking I'll at least get a failure and go from there. I create a new auction, assign it to profile "Two" and post it. I'll give you three guesses where the uploaded auction shows up. (Hint: it's "One_Old").

I go back and create ANOTHER profile without deleting "Two". I give the profile a different name but use all the same details. The password field greys out upon choosing 'eBay" again. I create another auction and assign it this newest test profile. I post it and check my auctions. Stop me if you've heard this one before.

I'm using Win XP & AW version 2.3 (Build 254), Update level 1340. I've been using AW for years, but this is a fresh install on a new machine with a restored database from a previous machine.

What do I have to do to get this program to stop posting auctions to an account it shouldn't have access to and let me create a new profile that works?

Thanks in advance.

Entire thread
Subject  Posted byPosted on
.problem with profiles  Pmack10/22/07 03:29 PM
.*Re: problem with profiles  bluepennylady10/22/07 04:25 PM
.*Re: problem with profiles  Pmack10/23/07 12:54 PM
.*Re: problem with profiles  AuctionWizardAdministrator10/23/07 01:31 PM
.*Re: problem with profiles  Pmack10/23/07 03:45 PM
.*Re: problem with profiles  bluepennylady10/23/07 03:48 PM
.*Re: problem with profiles  bluepennylady10/22/07 03:47 PM
Jump to

www.AuctionWizard2000.com | Contact Us Forums powered by WWWThreads