Configuration
   >> Miscellaneous
Thread views: 11544 Return to the search engineFlat Mode*

grumpy3b
(newbie)
08/29/06 05:09 PM
Re: Multi-User / Networking Mode VERY Slow... [re: bluepennylady]  

sorry to read you had issues with wifi...there should be little difference in performance between hardwired and wifi for a small workgroup setup like yours. Sometimes there can be hardware conflicts you might not be aware of such as IP issues and incorrectly config'd NIC's...though some buildings with either heavy plaster walls or even metal frame walls can have problems. Another potential problem is with nearby wifi networks or even wireless 2.4ghz cordless phones. Sometimes simply changing the channel a network is set to use will make all the difference.

I would not know what to do w/o wifi as I must move around all day long and we use nothing but laptops here...I even use an old laptop as a printserver...I mean why not it's worth something that way...next week I'll setup a box to act as out fileserver so my laptop does not need to shoulder the load.

I agree about the multi-user thread because more people might begin using a networked setup...if for no other reason then to share the web connection and make data entry much more efficent...

Off to teach my better half exactly how to create a listing...gawd I am not looking forward to the "...but, whhhhyyy..." questions...because I say so it why...hehehehehe...at least I can say that here and not endup sleeping outside with the stray cats and creepy crawlies.... ;)

I'll be HAPPY to chime in on any multi-user or networking thread if I can help...though it's everyone's busy time soon so the more helpers we have the better!! Even if someone knows what worked for them it might help someone else...

Entire thread
Subject  Posted byPosted on
*Multi-User / Networking Mode VERY Slow...  grumpy3b08/29/06 12:09 PM
.*Re: Multi-User / Networking Mode VERY Slow...  bluepennylady08/29/06 12:49 PM
.*Re: Multi-User / Networking Mode VERY Slow...  grumpy3b08/29/06 04:37 PM
.*Re: Multi-User / Networking Mode VERY Slow...  bluepennylady08/29/06 04:44 PM
..Re: Multi-User / Networking Mode VERY Slow...  grumpy3b08/29/06 05:09 PM
.*Re: Multi-User / Networking Mode VERY Slow...  bluepennylady08/30/06 02:39 PM
.*Re: Multi-User / Networking Mode VERY Slow...  grumpy3b09/06/06 11:39 AM
.*Re: Multi-User / Networking Mode VERY Slow...  bluepennylady09/06/06 11:44 AM
Jump to

www.AuctionWizard2000.com | Contact Us Forums powered by WWWThreads