Configuration
   >> Miscellaneous
Thread views: 9138 Previous threadView all threadsNext threadFlat Mode*

seespotrun4you
(stranger )
12/30/06 11:46 PM
Relocating AW2K's guts  

Howdy-
I have an odd question, the answer to which, I haven't found on the forum, so Miscellaneous seemed like the right place to ask.

In my setup I have all my programs on my drive C:
I put all my dynamically changable data files on my drive D:

The reason for this is for backup purposes. The programs are fairly static and so I only do an entire backup of Drive C: about once a month. Since nothing critical, or not easily re-created, changes on that Drive C: very often. Plus, the resulting backups are quite large and so it's time consuming to create.

However, I do backups of data on my entire Drive D: at least once a week, and usually more often, because that data is really dynamic and would be a mess to recreate if the computer/hard disk died.

So, I'd like have the program part of AW2K run on Drive C: and have all it's data/image files automatically recide on my Drive D for easy backups. Is there any way to set this separation up on AW2K?

I'm currently doing a manual backup of AW2K data files into a folder on my Drive D: before I do a whole backup of Drive D: onto DVDs. But that requires that I REMEMBER to manually backup AW2K data before backing up my entire Drive D:, and I'd sure like to have one less manual process to do and one less thing to remember.

So, can the AW2K program and data be put in separate drives and if so, how?

Michael

Entire thread
Subject  Posted byPosted on
.Relocating AW2K's guts  seespotrun4you12/30/06 11:46 PM
.*Re: Relocating AW2K's guts  bluepennylady01/01/07 09:17 AM
.*Re: Relocating AW2K's guts  bluepennylady12/31/06 00:25 AM
.*Re: Relocating AW2K's guts  seespotrun4you12/31/06 12:44 PM
.*Re: Relocating AW2K's guts  bluepennylady12/31/06 12:54 PM
Jump to

www.AuctionWizard2000.com | Contact Us Forums powered by WWWThreads