Configuration
   >> Miscellaneous
Thread views: 9239 Flat Mode*

dpw13
(stranger )
06/01/07 08:31 PM
Auction consolidation between installations  

Hi everyone,

My mom has used Auction Wizard for quite a few years now and she loves it. I've also been tech support since quite a while before that =). She and my stepfather already have a small staff to do some basic listing for them so that they can enjoy the best parts of selling on eBay (buying neat stuff and getting money for it). They go on buying trips while the staff at home creates new listings. The problem is that the auctions have gotten all split up between three Auction Wizard installations.

So my question is this: is there any way (currently or planned for the future) to integrate auctions from several installations into a single installation or backup? They recently bought a new computer and I was considering using that as a central server, but they have to have the ability to access their auction data when they're out of town. They would also need to be able to list new auctions that would get re-integrated back into the central database when they returned home.

They could of course just use various methods to access the networked drive while traveling (VPN, etc), but if they were going to do that they might as well remote desktop. In either case, they wouldn't be able to check previous auctions unless they had an internet connection. Even if that problem was solved, there's still the problem of integrating the three sets of auction items into one easier-to-manage-and-backup database.

So is there any chance of integrating auction items from different databases into a single database, either now or in the future?

Thanks!

Entire thread
Subject  Posted byPosted on
.Auction consolidation between installations  dpw1306/01/07 08:31 PM
.*Re: Auction consolidation between installations  AuctionWizardAdministrator06/04/07 09:01 AM
.*Re: Auction consolidation between installations  Ned06/02/07 11:55 AM
.*Re: Auction consolidation between installations  bluepennylady06/01/07 08:43 PM
Jump to

www.AuctionWizard2000.com | Contact Us Forums powered by WWWThreads