Configuration
   >> Miscellaneous
Thread views: 9250 Flat Mode*

bluepennylady
(veteran)
06/01/07 08:43 PM
Re: Auction consolidation between installations [re: dpw13]  

Hi,

Glad to hear your auction business is growing. That is good news!

There isn't a method to merge several databases into one. And I am not aware of any plans in the future. But there may very well be a solution to the problem.

Are all three using different user id's? Well, even if they are not, you can always set up the server, add all their user id's and then import the auctions. I am sure you are aware that no images are imported and so there is some clean up work to do. But all the information would be on the server. And you could move forward.

As far as access. I finally went ahead and got remote access. And I went with http://www.logmein.com

It is dogcheap and super fast. As long as I have internet access, I can work. And frankly, there is hardly a place in any town that doesn't have internet access. And for those places that do not, we have a cell phone internet card with unlimited minutes on it through Verizon. My husband uses that all of the time.

Logmein has a free edition if you don't need the ability to remote print and file share. My daughter in law uses the free edition for running her Aw2000. I have the Pro but only because I need remote printing and file sharing when I travel.

Does that give you any help at all??

Judy/blue

Entire thread
Subject  Posted byPosted on
*Auction consolidation between installations  dpw1306/01/07 08:31 PM
.*Re: Auction consolidation between installations  AuctionWizardAdministrator06/04/07 09:01 AM
.*Re: Auction consolidation between installations  Ned06/02/07 11:55 AM
..Re: Auction consolidation between installations  bluepennylady06/01/07 08:43 PM
Jump to

www.AuctionWizard2000.com | Contact Us Forums powered by WWWThreads