Configuration
   >> Miscellaneous
Thread views: 45490 Flat Mode*

bluepennylady
(Pooh-Bah)
07/12/08 01:45 PM
Re: Remember window size and position? [re: Nash]  

Nash,

Contrary to what most people think (and post at eBay) I don't think the changes are necessarily all bad.. Some of the changes were a swift kick in our back side as I knew we needed to change pieces of our business model over a year ago. And just hadn't got it done. DSR's pushed the issue..

Some of the other changes being introduced, well it remains to be seen how they will affect us down the road. Presently,, we are still going along just fine. Although I will say the "Findings" changes still do not have the bugs worked out of it. but it is getting better.

I only watch the changes so closely because some of the items on my Listing template are non-compliant as far as links and email addresses when and if ebay actually makes the changes..

eBay does provide a good flow of buyers to us.. First I use the Auction Wizard 2000 configured websites and upload after I have concluded listing for the day.. that pushes quite a bit of traffic.

My email address displayed in my Listing template, is a big traffic pusher. Prospective buyers routinely email me on a daily basis asking about product. Or if I have more.

We insert lots of promotional flyers in our packages.. Business card with our website and email addy. Packing slip with sale items, email address, website URL, etc.

My shipping notices and Feedback thanks email asks if the buyer would like to be added to our private email list. And we explain what we use the email list for. I have over 300 buyers on that list I email once a week.

My emails are not just promoting my auctions but have some informational value too. Like some tidbit about computer maintenance like blowing the dust bunnies out of the case. Or something like that. So the buyers like to get them.

I do use the email marketing at eBay too. Buyers seem to read them... And I post what we are listing every week on my blogs complete with Stores to go widgets and/or links back to the listing pages in the store.

Our shipping notices verbage has been changed to encourage the buyer to feel free to email us if they need something later. Or more of what they bought. And they do email. Buyers even send their friends to us directly.

If someone wants to look at something, a lot of time, we give them the link on our website instead of a link back to the eBay listing page. Of course if it isn't on our website we send them the eBay listing page link and use the "?refid=store" tag on the URL if the item is a Store listing so if they buy it we can get a Store referral credit back.

and yes we maintain email relationships with our eBay customers after they purchase from us. It takes only a minute to send someone a "how are you doing. we have missed you email".. I use Mail bomber for that.. It is an okay email program.. I would like to have something which works with AW2000 invoices so I could just export a single record or group of Invoice records instead of copy and paste. But Mail Bomber works okay.

Sorry, didn't mean to talk your leg off..

Judy/blue

Visit my eBay store!
http://stores.ebay.com/bluepennylady?refid=store
Visit our website too!
http://www.pennyworthsales.com

Entire thread
Subject  Posted byPosted on
*Remember window size and position?  Nash07/11/08 05:53 PM
.*Re: Remember window size and position?  bluepennylady07/11/08 06:59 PM
.*Re: Remember window size and position?  Nash07/11/08 08:30 PM
.*Re: Remember window size and position?  bluepennylady07/12/08 05:56 AM
.*Re: Remember window size and position?  Nash07/12/08 11:47 AM