Configuration
   >> Miscellaneous
Thread views: 45485 Flat Mode*

bluepennylady
(Pooh-Bah)
07/13/08 02:04 PM
Re: Remember window size and position? [re: Nash]  

Nash,

The Store referral credit URL links are tricky.. The viewer MUST allow cookies. Use to any link clicked outside of ebay would qualify but they changed that a few years back.. Now to be CERTAIN the URL qualifies you need to add a tag to that URL link. That tag being the "?refid=store" tag..

here is the URL link to the eBay help file which explains how to properly configure those links.

http://pages.ebay.com/help/specialtysites/referral-credit-steps.html

The links within the website thumbnail pages need the ?refid=store tag added to the end. The text for the link to the Auction page can also have that tag added to it. However, I am not a coder and have never been able to figure out how to make the "viewitem?refid=store" not to appear at the end of the link. [cry] I do know that a huge part of my Store referral credits come from people clicking through the thumbnail pages.

Things grow dynamically in terms of what works the best for Organic natural search engine results. Meta tags use to be the thing. Anchor text works much better now than the Meta tags. And I am really behind the eight ball as I have almost no anchor text. But the little bit I do have pulls up higher in Organic search engine results. I have to get busy and add more anchor text tags on my pages.... (and re-do opening lines too as the opening lines which pull up high have changed a bit as well)

The other thing I do is all my AW2K email templates have links to my website, eBay store and email address so every buyer has easy access to them.

My inventory isn't consistent at all. We never know what or how many of something we will have come in. But I like the Inventory Items tab/window really well. My staff can work on seasonal goods now adding a few each day so we will be ready for the proper selling season. Those Inventory Items can just wait peacefully in the Inventory Items tab until I am ready to list as opposed to creating Auction lots and then needing to hide them or something. Plus there are certain reporting features which will not work for an item if there is no related Inventory Item. So we use Inventory Items for even one thing..

You got it for the STore referral credit. That is exactly correct. Two months ago my Store referral credit was really big. I spent a lot of time promoting my store off eBay and it paid off. I did several email campaigns using my Mail Bomber program and Constant Contact. Those campaigns had the Store referral qualifying links back to certain store listings. The listings sold and I got Store Referral credits too. makes it worth your time to market your auctions off ebay..

The AW2000 configured websites and the SEO just kind of evolved. It was actually developed as a marketing tool as you can elect to show listings on a page prior to listing them so buyers can see what is going to be listed next week or whatever you decide to do.. Then the listings move automatically to another page when the listings are actually listed. SEO just sort of ended up being an unknown side benefit.. I know that after I update my AW2K website that alot of time those who get RSS feeds will be notified my website has updated and changed. And the proper verbage on the thumbnail page also is search engine friendly. You'll just have to mess around with what text works for your products. And since you like to mess around with SEO, you will have a ball with it..

I hope that helps some..

Judy/blue

Visit my eBay store!
http://stores.ebay.com/bluepennylady?refid=store
Visit our website too!
http://www.pennyworthsales.com

Entire thread
Subject  Posted byPosted on
*Remember window size and position?  Nash07/11/08 05:53 PM
.*Re: Remember window size and position?  bluepennylady07/11/08 06:59 PM
.*Re: Remember window size and position?  Nash07/11/08 08:30 PM
.*Re: Remember window size and position?  bluepennylady07/12/08 05:56 AM