>> Miscellaneous
Thread views: 17323 Return to the search engineFlat Mode*

Nash
(stranger )
09/19/08 07:32 PM
populate an eBay store with an existing inventory  

(((((JUDYYYY))))) :)
Hi Judy! & everybody.

I have been attempting to get some answers to a few questions and I wonder if you could steer me in the right direction. I am pasting a copy of a post I made in another forum below that explains what I am looking for. I would appreciate any input you might have on this subject.

What is the most efficient way to instantly populate an eBay store with an existing inventory?

What is the most efficient, automated way to transfer product data (pictures, descriptions) from a spreadsheet of inventory and/or existing ecommerce platform website, create listings of these products, and upload those items into an eBay store?

The problem:

I own an e-commerce platform store (Drop ship storefront, instant store, e-store) that has several thousand products. I am trying to figure out, either a fully automated way, or the least time consuming way, to list these products in an eBay store. I know there must be a way to do this automatically. This is currently being done by several people on eBay already. I am currently attempting to reverse engineer how they are integrating their inventory directly into eBay. These sellers have identical inventory on both their websites and their eBay stores. I know that they can’t be manually creating 5000+ listings. I am having trouble figuring out where to start.

I am assuming that they are doing this one of two ways. First, they could be using some type of existing service that converts these website items, pictures and descriptions, strips out the shopping cart code and other proprietary ecommerce platform information and leaves a “clean” listing that can be uploaded to eBay through some type of auto listing software such as Turbo Lister. One of the reasons I believe this to be done by a service as opposed to a manual process is that the stores and listings I have seen a few of these sellers create are extremely professional and organized.

The second way they could be doing this is they are taking the inventory spreadsheets from the drop ship company and somehow integrating the pictures, which are separate but identified by SKU numbers, and somehow uploading or integrating this data into a program like Turbo Lister etc... This method would be more advantageous for me as I have several drop shippers available to me with very large inventories and they have their whole inventory in spreadsheet formats much like the ecommerce platform does. The reason I don’t think they are doing it this way is that management would be a nightmare. I would assume they would have to use some type of service that allowed them to “sync” updated inventory spreadsheets with their current eBay store items so that both new and obsolete/discontinued product listings could be automatically updated.

So basically I am looking for the most efficient way to instantly populate an eBay store with an existing inventory. I have not been a Powerseller on eBay for a few years now and could be missing something obvious here. Perhaps one of the secondary auction software solution sites like Vendio offers a service like this now and I just don’t see it? Keywords of search term variations I have been using to attempt to find a solution are; eBay, integrate, database, spreadsheet, import, inventory, automatic, bulk product upload eBay, live inventory feed, excel etc.. am I on the right track?

Do you have any suggestions as to how I can automate this process?

Should I be looking for a service that will do this for me?

Should I be looking for a programmer to do this?

I am also assuming that AW2K would not have this function. Is this correct?

Thanks in advance for any and all input!

Nash

Entire thread
Subject  Posted byPosted on
.populate an eBay store with an existing inventory  Nash09/19/08 07:32 PM
.*Re: populate an eBay store with an existing inventory  bluepennylady09/19/08 08:05 PM
.*Re: populate an eBay store with an existing inventory  Nash09/19/08 08:55 PM
.*Re: populate an eBay store with an existing inventory  mouse09/20/08 08:25 AM
.*Re: populate an eBay store with an existing inventory  Nash09/20/08 12:54 PM
.*Re: populate an eBay store with an existing inventory  bluepennylady09/20/08 05:39 AM
.*Re: populate an eBay store with an existing inventory  Nash09/20/08 12:53 PM
.*Re: populate an eBay store with an existing inventory  bluepennylady09/20/08 01:03 PM
.*Re: populate an eBay store with an existing inventory  Nash09/20/08 01:56 PM
.*Re: populate an eBay store with an existing inventory  bluepennylady09/20/08 02:15 PM
Jump to

www.AuctionWizard2000.com | Contact Us Forums powered by WWWThreads