General
   >> Email
Thread views: 53701 Previous threadView all threadsNext threadFlat Mode*

bluepennylady
(Pooh-Bah)
09/09/08 07:08 AM
Re: Help - 50% of my outgoing AW email filtered [re: leeflang]  

Peter,

We use AW2000 to glean new customers as well. And create not only fake invoices but invoices for customers who simply email us requesting product. That is done on a daily basis. And I didn't mean it insinuate we don't attach emails to buyers as we do.. We associate all emails to invoices. Only way to keep things straight.

I use an email campaign tool (Mail bomber) for email list management as we create some text email campaigns and some HTML campaigns. I have one "wish or requested items" list. When we have a new product line come in, I send out emails to all the customers on the "Wish or requested items" list.

I did suggest to AW2000 tech that they consider creating a stand alone email list management software which would allow export of select Invoice records. That way if a buyer wants to be on a seller's private email list, all we have to do is hit an "Export record or records" button on the toolbar. And boom the record is in the email campaign/management software. I would use it that is for sure. I use MailBomber right now. It is super simple to use, resides on my computer and can handle unlimited email lists. I can create email campaigns however, you like and import the email into the software, hit the send button and it is done. It works very well. But I would love to have a software for email lists that is compatible with AW2000 so I don't have to do the copy/paste thing... I know,, lazy I am!

In working with the teams who are developing the anoyomized email address project, I don't see Paypal or eBay stopping the sellers from gaining the buyer email address after the sale. There are some huge technical issues that come with that restriction as well as that restricts all the third party providers like Constant Contact, I'm in sales click, etc from the marketplace.

But now is the time for sellers and buyers alike to let their opinions be made known to eBay about these kind of issues. How it will affect them, etc. Use the suggestion box. Anoyomizing email addys has been pushed back twice. Personally I think eBay is beginning to rethink how they will handle it as there has been so much noise made by sellers, buyers and all the companies affiliated with eBay.

we will still be able to communicate with our buyers even if they do a total anoyomizing email addy thing. The emails will just go through the eBay email servers. But I don't think that is a good idea to rely on a single method or eBay's servers. They are not that dependable

Overstock tried this email thing about two years ago, and it is not working very well at all. So they are changing some things again. eBay tried the anoyomized email addys before, and it didn't work at all. Removing the ability for a seller to effectively communicate with their buyers does not promote a stable marketplace.

Judy/blue

Visit my eBay store!
http://stores.ebay.com/bluepennylady?refid=store
Visit our website too!
http://www.pennyworthsales.com

Entire thread
Subject  Posted byPosted on
*Help - 50% of my outgoing AW email filtered  leeflang10/09/07 09:19 AM
.*Re: Help - 50% of my outgoing AW email filtered  savoynyc09/08/08 10:43 PM
.*Re: Help - 50% of my outgoing AW email filtered  leeflang09/09/08 05:37 AM
.*Re: Help - 50% of my outgoing AW email filtered  bluepennylady09/09/08 06:01 AM
.*Re: Help - 50% of my outgoing AW email filtered  leeflang09/09/08 06:48 AM
..Re: Help - 50% of my outgoing AW email filtered  bluepennylady09/09/08 07:08 AM
.*Re: Help - 50% of my outgoing AW email filtered  leeflang09/09/08 08:00 AM
.*Re: Help - 50% of my outgoing AW email filtered  bluepennylady09/09/08 08:33 AM
.*Re: Help - 50% of my outgoing AW email filtered  bluepennylady09/09/08 05:35 AM
.*Re: Help - 50% of my outgoing AW email filtered  bluepennylady10/09/07 12:05 PM
.*Re: Help - 50% of my outgoing AW email filtered  leeflang09/09/08 05:43 AM
.*Re: Help - 50% of my outgoing AW email filtered  bluepennylady09/09/08 06:05 AM
.*Re: Help - 50% of my outgoing AW email filtered  leeflang09/09/08 06:55 AM
.*Re: Help - 50% of my outgoing AW email filtered  bluepennylady09/09/08 07:42 AM
.*Re: Help - 50% of my outgoing AW email filtered  AquilaStamps10/09/07 12:21 PM
.*Re: Help - 50% of my outgoing AW email filtered  bluepennylady10/09/07 12:29 PM
.*Re: Help - 50% of my outgoing AW email filtered  AquilaStamps10/09/07 12:50 PM
.*Re: Help - 50% of my outgoing AW email filtered  bluepennylady10/09/07 03:17 PM
.*Re: Help - 50% of my outgoing AW email filtered  AquilaStamps10/09/07 05:58 PM
.*Re: Help - 50% of my outgoing AW email filtered  bluepennylady10/10/07 05:48 AM
.*Re: Help - 50% of my outgoing AW email filtered  AquilaStamps10/10/07 06:12 AM
.*Re: Help - 50% of my outgoing AW email filtered  bluepennylady10/10/07 06:16 AM
Jump to

www.AuctionWizard2000.com | Contact Us Forums powered by WWWThreads