Configuration
   >> Email Accounts
Thread views: 17226 Flat Mode*

tictictic_OnEbay
(stranger )
07/03/05 11:02 PM
Re: PayPal [re: Tradeguy]  

Hope this isn't too dumb a question......

I don't have a Professional Account at Paypal, so I can't take credit cards and I don't include any Paypal links in my auctions. I get lots of Paypal payments, but only if they're bank transfers, existing funds, or eChecks. Most of the time, this works fine, but some of my buyers go a bit ballistic when they have to learn a new way to use Paypal.

The link sweetpickns posted intriques me. I pasted in my own email address and lo and behold! it took me to a page for making a payment to myself, but of course I couldn't try it out, because I can't pay myself (can't even use any of my other IDs).

So my question is....If I put this link in my Congrats emails and tell buyers to go there and just type in the total due (cuz I can't use the shipping, insurance, or tax boxes at Paypal -- at least, I don't think I can), will this get them to the auction they need to pay for?

What I've been doing is instructing them to get to the chart at Paypal that shows all their recent unpaid wins and to type in the costs there, but getting them to that page is like pulling teeth. My instructions are very clear, but buyers can be very hard-headed! I'd love to just use a link to get them there.

Please don't tell me to get a Professional Account -- paying Paypal fees is against my religion!

Thanks, tictictic on eBay

Entire thread
Subject  Posted byPosted on
*PayPal  sweetpickns03/06/05 06:48 AM
.*Re: PayPal  Tradeguy03/07/05 02:24 PM
..Re: PayPal  tictictic_OnEbay07/03/05 11:02 PM
.*Re: PayPal  Tradeguy07/04/05 03:39 PM
.*Re: PayPal  tictictic_OnEbay07/05/05 10:42 AM
.*Re: PayPal  tictictic_OnEbay07/05/05 12:19 PM
.*Re: PayPal  tictictic_OnEbay07/07/05 08:10 PM
.*Re: PayPal  tictictic_OnEbay07/05/05 12:24 PM
.*Re: PayPal  tictictic_OnEbay07/25/05 03:48 PM