Catch-All
   >> Everything Else
Thread views: 6227 Previous threadView all threadsNext threadFlat Mode*

Sean S
(Unregistered)
09/09/03 11:14 AM
Bug Reports  

Hi All,
Just woke up after a long night of playing with AW2K for the first time. Still a little hazy here, so please forgive the possible ignorance. :-)

Anyway, here goes...

1. I'm not sure where to post this. Did I miss the bug report section of this page? I suppose many developers don't want to have a section with that title (due to the vibe it gives potential buyers), but most people appreciate a place where bugs are specifically addressed by the company and other end users.
Is there a feature request section as well?

2. Closing the "edit image" window has no "do you want to save?" dialog. I'm sure this has been addressed already, but it sure is easy to do a bunch of mod's to a photo and then instantly loose them by not hitting the save button.
The "save changes?" theme is present throughout the program, so I guess this was overlooked.

3. The photo editing stage is quite impressive in AW. Unlike many rudimentary photo editors, the changes are subtle and don't distort the clarity. Sure would be nice to be able to use PhotoShop plugins in there though. I supppose that likely requires endless hoop jumping at Adobe though.

4. I probably missed it, but I didn't find a way to instantly generate an invoice for the record I was looking at and only that record. Automation is cool, but it's nice to have an express way to take a single purchase through the entire post-auction process by itself.

5. I probably missed this too, but this software looks to be about the best I've seen and I plan to put it into action right away (and buy it if it performs as well), but I'm dreading the importation of records from my other software and excel, outlook, etc... I sure hope it has at least comma deliminated import export, but it would be great if it had extensive pre-configured import/export for the major email/spreadsheet programs (I'll find out today).
An issue that I have with my current listing software is that our company uses Outlook for all of our email and addresses, but the listing software is the best place to put the addresses and phone numbers...etc, for shipping purposes. So, you go on the road and you don't have your customer information ('cause it's not in Outlook), and when in the shop, you are constantly bouncing between your email app' and your listing app to find customer information....it stinks. Auto exporting to your Email/PID app's would be so great, where you open your phone book and have all your customers, addresses, phones, and even what they bought in one place.
After that, wouldn't it be cool if the software would scan your Outlook (or other) email files and copy the emails to and from any winning bidder to a place readable in the records of that person? Example, JoBiddeR wins an item and you click a button and see all the email corrospondence from them both before and after the auction. There is a bunch of "he said/she said" going on, and often missed in this game.

Ok, I'll have more later. Obviously I'm one of those who makes a lot of "wouldn't that be cool" statements, and probably many of them already done, and some of them likely stupid in concept (or impossible to do without NASA's help).
Just ignore most of it.

Oh yeah... it would also be cool if you could hook the software up to a 2-way telepathy machine so you could list without turning the computer on.... and.... nevermind :-)

Sean

Entire thread
Subject  Posted byPosted on
.Bug Reports  Sean S09/09/03 11:14 AM
.*Re: Bug Reports  retrosoft12/01/03 05:30 PM
.*Re: Bug Reports  AuctionWizardAdministrator09/12/03 01:42 PM
.*Re: Bug Reports  Sean S09/09/03 04:26 PM
Jump to

www.AuctionWizard2000.com | Contact Us Forums powered by WWWThreads