Catch-All
   >> Everything Else
Thread views: 6889 Previous threadView all threadsNext threadFlat Mode*

Anonymous
(Unregistered)
01/06/04 04:45 PM
Re: AW2K Competitors - A COMPARISON [re: LennyS]  

Throughout my month-long Dec 2003 trial, Sold! was consistently flaky/buggy. Only about 3 of 5 queued listings would successfully post; conversely, this meant that I had the time-consuming (and frustrating) task of trying to repost the dropped 40%.

The integrated FTP and image editing in AW2000 are the best I've seen. Sold! only has limited image editing... but uses a really nifty GridView component (click column headers sort asc/desc, resize the columns, etc)... and employs a readily-accessible MS Access database. Sold! also has a kickass feature-packed report creation engine.

My biggest criticism toward AW2000 is in regard to its GridView. Why the hell can't a user see (choose to have) the TITLE field as a leftmost, or at least readily visible column?!? WIthout a TITLE and/or ITEM NUMBER column immediately in view (i.e., without requiring constant horizontal scrolling)... for me, the GridView has proven to be entirely UNUSABLE.

IMO, Sold! suffers from trying to do too much (sniping, purchase management) and fails to provide reliable CORE selling-related features. Even so, I feel it's currently the ONLY close competitor to AW2000.

EasyAuctionTools? Naw.
Kinem kAuction? (Bwahaha! What a wacked interface!)
AuctionTamer? (Hmm, naw.)

Blink, though, and tomorrow will be here. I reckon EVERY app vendor knows/expects eBay to continually make aggravating changes to their SYI pages (ones that seem to have no functional reason)... and that they will be leaning HARD on getting all of us to "get with the program" and resign ourselves to posting via their API (at a licensing fee of 2cents per listing, currently). Their big partners will get API discounts for added profit margin... little developers like AW2000 will get squeezed out of existence... and we'll be faced with the prospect of paying $24.95/mo either directly to eBay (for their flavor of API-driven posting interface) or to Andale, or Verio.

So, my mindset is to use AW2000 today, for what it can do for you today...
...and keep your eyes open as expanded-functionality apps enter the market.

Entire thread
Subject  Posted byPosted on
*AW2K Competitors - A COMPARISON  retrosoft12/01/03 05:54 PM
.*Re: AW2K Competitors - A COMPARISON  LennyS12/02/03 12:32 PM
..Re: AW2K Competitors - A COMPARISON  Anonymous01/06/04 04:45 PM
.*Re: AW2K Competitors - A COMPARISON  Anonymous01/12/04 09:40 AM
.*Re: AW2K Competitors - A COMPARISON  magicka01/15/04 11:34 AM
Jump to

www.AuctionWizard2000.com | Contact Us Forums powered by WWWThreads