Catch-All
   >> Everything Else
Thread views: 20737 Previous threadView all threadsNext threadFlat Mode*

AquilaStamps
(addict)
01/17/08 03:14 AM
Re: Paypal Payment Reversed! [re: tictictic_OnEbay]  

Sue:

Judy is so right - PayPal and for that matter eBay is buyer protective. They don't really have anything in place for the seller. The protection program is automatic in that you don't have to do anything to get it other than follow the rules set out by PayPal. It will show on the PayPal payment page "PayPal Protection"

I understand about confirmed addresses - often times the address the buyer gives on eBay, and in their email to you have nothing in common with their PayPal confirmed address - if it is confirmed at all. My understanding is that the address you ship to has to match exactly the PayPal address. But I should be checked on that for sure - I think it is down to even the stree address format.

What you have found out is something many have been complaining about for a long while - PayPal makes it very easy for a customer to "unpay" (poof) their payment and make it possible for them to have the merchandise and their payment back at the same time.

I don't think there is a lot that can be done. As Judy said, shipping with some form of tracking is worth it and you have to decide at what price point you are willing to take a loss because of no Delivery Confirmation or Signature Confirmation. The cost can be in the opening bid of the item obviously however, some items don't have that kind of room in them to hold a delivery conformation let alone a signature confirmation price.

Anyway, I'm pleased that you were able to get your money back and that the sale finally ended up with a happy customer and seller. Hang in there Sue, it can be a bumpy ride as you know but well worth some of those bumps. It's the "poofs" that get you though.

Garry

Entire thread
Subject  Posted byPosted on
*Paypal Payment Reversed!  tictictic_OnEbay01/15/08 02:47 PM
.*Re: Paypal Payment Reversed!  bluepennylady01/15/08 07:30 PM
.*Re: Paypal Payment Reversed!  AquilaStamps01/15/08 07:19 PM
.*Re: Paypal Payment Reversed!  tictictic_OnEbay01/15/08 09:08 PM
.*Re: Paypal Payment Reversed!  AquilaStamps01/16/08 06:07 AM
.*Re: Paypal Payment Reversed!  tictictic_OnEbay01/16/08 01:57 PM
.*Re: Paypal Payment Reversed!  AquilaStamps01/16/08 03:44 PM
.*Re: Paypal Payment Reversed!  tictictic_OnEbay01/16/08 09:48 PM
..Re: Paypal Payment Reversed!  AquilaStamps01/17/08 03:14 AM