Catch-All
   >> Everything Else
Thread views: 9437 Previous threadView all threadsNext threadFlat Mode*

bluepennylady
(Pooh-Bah)
09/08/08 12:48 PM
Re: Please fix/update RETURN POLICY Ebay ASAP [re: leeflang]  

Peter,

Ebay has not yet released the Return Policy changes and will not do so for another couple of weeks. There are no changes in the SYI form other than the drop down for who pays for the return shipping which defaults to the buyer.

If you do not have a Return Policy, you do not check the "Return Policy" checkbox. But you must plainly state in the Auction Terms of Sale you do not offer Returns. The Auction lots do not fail if you do not check the "Returns accepted" checkbox. Nor will your Auctions be non-compliant. You are in complete compliance when you specify you do not allow "Returns" in the Auction description.

All your Terms of Sale should be within the Listing Template footer area or in the Payment terms area. Making a change to the Listing template itself makes a global change to all Auctions using that template. It will not post the changes on live auctions. However, when the auctions come offline and are listed again (or on new Auctions) the changes are applied.

It is not impossible to move Auction lots from Store to Fixed or to Auctions. Just go to the Grid View, highlight the records you wish to move, right click and change Auction profiles. IF you are going to relist auction lots using eBay, you will end up having to import the auction lots into AW2K anyway. So it might be easier and quicker to consider simply changing the Auction profiles in AW2K and relisting using AW2K.

Honestly, Peter, I have not had a single Auction lot fail to list. Nor a single auction lot has failed to edit in Bulk. There were several of us editing our listings every single day because the eBay API was broken which stripped out discount preferences. And those listings had to be edited after listing. But I don't move my online Auctions to another format while they are live. I wait until they come off line to move them around.

Concerning changing Auction profiles and templates being buggy.. I am not sure what you are referring to. If you keep the Shipping options, Item specifics and Categories correct on the related Inventory Item, when you move Auction profiles or templates everything works like a charm. It is when you do not use Inventory Items or keep the Inventory Items fields current that you can run into an issue.

Keep in mind, that Shipping options can be edited in bulk by using the grid view.

Judy/blue

Visit my eBay store!
http://stores.ebay.com/bluepennylady?refid=store
Visit our website too!
http://www.pennyworthsales.com

Entire thread
Subject  Posted byPosted on
*Please fix/update RETURN POLICY Ebay ASAP  leeflang09/08/08 10:02 AM
..Re: Please fix/update RETURN POLICY Ebay ASAP  bluepennylady09/08/08 12:48 PM
.*Re: Please fix/update RETURN POLICY Ebay ASAP  leeflang09/08/08 02:07 PM
.*Re: Please fix/update RETURN POLICY Ebay ASAP  leeflang09/08/08 02:02 PM
.*Re: Please fix/update RETURN POLICY Ebay ASAP  bluepennylady09/10/08 07:15 PM