Configuration
   >> FTP Accounts
Thread views: 9718 Previous threadView all threadsNext threadFlat Mode*

seespotrun4you
(stranger )
11/22/06 01:21 AM
FTP Pictures not being delete  

Hi-
I've been using/learning AW2K for several weeks now and it's been working very well up until now.
Tuesday afternoon I successfully listed about 18 Ebay auction lots. But several hours later, everytime I went through the process of uploading auction lots/pictures to my FTP site the process would abort while trying to upload the pictures. Finally after the strong cup of coffee, it dawned on me to test the FTP connection using the FILE>FTP ACCOUNTS>TEST FTP SETTINGS (button). When the test tried to upload the HTML test file it couldn't, and puked. Puked being the technical term for the non-techno savvy.

After much thrashing I figured out how to log into my FTP site AW2K directory where my pictures are stored and discovered there are still JPGs there dated 11/11/06. And today being 11/22/06, I think that is probably my problem because I'm only alloted 10MB of FTP space and I think I've hit the max.

Now I thought AW2K is supposed to delete the picture files that are older than 7-days, which it isn't doing. And I can't find anything in the AW2K program to manually or automatically make it do that. And further, although I can "see" the old files in my Firefox browser, I can't find any way to delete any of them to test my "run out of space theory."

So, how can I solve this? Other than move to another FTP provider with bigger acreage which I'll probably do eventually. And before anyone refers me to my current FTP provider for help, been there done that, and was told to contact AW2K support since that's how the files got there in the first place.

So I have this really cool auction management program and uploads waiting with nowhere to go. It's 2:18 AM and I'm getting twitchy...help.

Michael

Michael

Entire thread
Subject  Posted byPosted on
.FTP Pictures not being delete  seespotrun4you11/22/06 01:21 AM
.*Re: FTP Pictures not being delete  bluepennylady11/22/06 02:34 AM
.*Re: FTP Pictures not being delete  seespotrun4you11/22/06 01:12 PM
.*Re: FTP Pictures not being delete  bluepennylady11/22/06 01:35 PM
.*Re: FTP Pictures not being delete  seespotrun4you11/22/06 09:57 PM
.*Re: FTP Pictures not being delete  bluepennylady11/23/06 04:43 AM
.*Re: FTP Pictures not being delete  bluepennylady11/22/06 02:31 AM
Jump to