Configuration
   >> HTML Templates
Thread views: 9864 Previous threadView all threadsNext threadFlat Mode*

Tradeguy
(newbie)
03/05/03 06:30 AM
Re: Creating an Andale-style gallery on eBay [re: midtownpro]  

Your idea of an Andale type listing within our auctions is a really good one - but I think hard to implement. Andale pulls this off using Java and grabbing the live data off of their server and feeding the auctions "live". This takes care of the problem of only displaying "current" auctions and not those that might of closed earlier that day. The actual scrolling window is done using Flash.

I looked at your scrolling window, which unfortunately won't work on Ebay. No Iframes or Includes allowed in javascript - they will actually strip it from your listing. I've often wanted to use Iframes in my Ebay listings - you could, for example - link to your auction terms on all of your listings and if you had to change anything, you'd just change the one "remote" html file. To the users, it would just look like part of the auction.

But perhaps there are other ways this could be accomplished. A javascript that randomly displayed several thumbnails from the aw2k-generated website would only need a "keyfile" type listing (perhaps generated during the website updates) to know which auctions to associate the pictures with (so they could be linked to the auctions). This script might resemble some of the banner rotation scripts already out there, or even some of the gallery type scripts.

I'm actually working on something similar for my auctions, but to avoid the problem of "live" data, I'm just trying to randomly display several static store items with every auction.

Great idea though....definately worth thinking about...

Rich

Entire thread
Subject  Posted byPosted on
*Creating an Andale-style gallery on eBay  midtownpro03/03/03 11:05 PM
.*Re: Creating an Andale-style gallery on eBay  midtownpro03/04/03 02:39 PM
..Re: Creating an Andale-style gallery on eBay  Tradeguy03/05/03 06:30 AM
.*Re: Creating an Andale-style gallery on eBay  magicka03/06/03 01:43 PM
.*Re: Creating an Andale-style gallery on eBay  crazzydeals03/10/03 10:34 PM
.*Re: Creating an Andale-style gallery on eBay  midtownpro03/04/03 02:41 PM
Jump to

www.AuctionWizard2000.com | Contact Us Forums powered by WWWThreads