Configuration
   >> HTML Templates
Thread views: 9747 Previous threadView all threadsNext threadFlat Mode*

Tradeguy
(journeyman)
03/31/03 08:40 AM
Re: Large Spaces In Preview ofTemplates [re: fredallen]  

Hi -

Where are you putting your HTML code? I'm guessing you're putting it in the description area - which really just handles text. Instead, you should try to cut and paste your HTML into an HTML component section of an HTML template. There you will find that AW2K works just like any other HTML interpreter and will translate your code explicitly.

The problem is that the description area is meant to be an easy non-html thing that takes regular typed text and adds whatever html is needed. It's a lot like trying to create HTML in Word - all the code is created automatically, and it's not always accurate - and you can't even attempt to add straight HTML unless you want to use a secondary editor. I guess I gotta give AW2K some credit that they allow any HTML at all in the description.

I had a lot of html to convert for AW2K. What I did was leave the description area for the general description of the specific item - just text. All of the other stuff - mostly repetitive policy and shipping info - was all put into a custom template with lots of html (I use a lot of tables for formatting).

As for the AW2K import feature...well...it didn't do anything useful for me.

Hope that helps!
Rich

Entire thread
Subject  Posted byPosted on
*Large Spaces In Preview ofTemplates  jjewels01/20/03 08:07 PM
.*Re: Large Spaces In Preview ofTemplates  crazzydeals03/10/03 10:43 PM
.*Re: Large Spaces In Preview ofTemplates  fredallen03/31/03 06:44 AM
..Re: Large Spaces In Preview ofTemplates  Tradeguy03/31/03 08:40 AM
.*Re: Large Spaces In Preview ofTemplates  ceed1902/02/03 08:24 AM
.*Re: Large Spaces In Preview ofTemplates  rodgw01/21/03 07:44 AM
Jump to

www.AuctionWizard2000.com | Contact Us Forums powered by WWWThreads