Configuration
   >> HTML Templates
Thread views: 28422 Flat Mode*

tictictic_OnEbay
(member)
10/09/06 01:15 PM
Re: Mysteries of HTML [re: bluepennylady]  

Hi Judy. Sorry for taking so long to reply to this.

Note that I've replaced all carets with parentheses.

My original link:
(CENTER)(font face="maiandra gd" size="4" color="blue")Here's a web site devoted to his work: (a href="http://www.michaelwhelan.com" target="_blank" )Michael Whelan(/a)(/font)(/CENTER)

The link as you re-wrote it:
(center)(font face="maiandra gd" size="4" color="blue")(a href="http://www.michaelwhelan.com")Here's a web site devoted to his work: Michael Whelan(/font)(/center)(/a)

They both look good and work fine when pasted into Arachnophilia HTML editor and launched in a web browser. The only difference is that mine has only the words Michael Whelan clickable (underlined), which I guess has something to do with that target-blank thing. But they both take you to the same internet site.

The problem I had wasn't actually how to write the link. I had it wrong to begin with, but then I revised it at eBay and got it working. Then I pasted that corrected link back into the description in AW and was puzzled about why it didn't display properly when I previewed the Lot.

Today, I also pasted your link into the same description and previewed it.

My link displays like this but isn't clickable:
Here's a web site devoted to his work:

Your link displays like this and the whole think is clickable:
here's/"http://www.michaelwhelan.com")Here's a web site devoted to his work: Michael Whelan

I think both links would probably display right when uploaded to eBay, and I think yours for sure and maybe even mine would be clickable when online, but for some reason, they don't look right or work properly in an AW Preview window. I guess it's just not intended to work that way -- we are supposed to use page components in Template Editor to add links to our descriptions, but I thought if I had the Program Options set to "Enable preview of pure HTML descriptions" that these links would preview in a sort of wysiwyg fashion. I tried unchecking that Program Option, but the links still don't display correctly in a Preview. So I'm stumped. It's not a big problem -- just puzzling.

Sue

Entire thread
Subject  Posted byPosted on
*Mysteries of HTML  tictictic_OnEbay09/03/06 10:38 PM
.*Re: Mysteries of HTML  bluepennylady09/03/06 11:10 PM
..Re: Mysteries of HTML  tictictic_OnEbay10/09/06 01:15 PM
.*Re: Mysteries of HTML  AquilaStamps10/09/06 04:33 PM
.*Re: Mysteries of HTML  bluepennylady10/09/06 06:54 PM
.*Re: Mysteries of HTML  bluepennylady10/09/06 01:31 PM
.*Re: Mysteries of HTML  tictictic_OnEbay10/09/06 01:56 PM
.*Re: Mysteries of HTML  bluepennylady10/09/06 02:03 PM
.*Re: Mysteries of HTML  tictictic_OnEbay10/09/06 02:37 PM