General
   >> Invoices
Thread views: 11168 Previous threadView all threadsNext threadFlat Mode*

bluepennylady
(Unregistered)
04/27/06 01:49 PM
Re: Shipping c alculator not really integrated? [re: leeflang]  

Good Day, Thank you for posting about the difficulty you are having with the shipping calculator. I experienced some of the same issues when I first used the Shipping Option feature. Before you decide to move on to an inferior software program, let me share how I addressed the problems we ran into.

Although I stopped using eBay's invoicing system after I started using AW2000 in 2002, I do click through the process to keep up with what Ebay is doing. I discovered after the first week using the Shipping options, I was approaching the invoicing from AW2000 backwards. All the work is done on the front end of the Auctions as opposed to the backend. Shipping options are selected prior to listing by the seller. So invoicing rarely needs to be done unless there are special circumstances. When the buyer checkouts through eBay, all the shipping options applicable to that Auction is displayed so the buyer can choose which shipping method they prefer. And that is just good business and customer service to allow the buyer the choice. So instead of invoicing, allow the buyer to decide what they want and tell you.

Here's how I solved the problem. At Auction end, the updating process did not change nor generating invoices. But instead of sending out winning bidder notifications, I wait. The Paypal payments or "I will be sending xxx shortly" arrive via email while the Auction lots are updating. Associating payments has to be done anyway. My staff associates the Paypal payment, extracts the name and address. Records the payment which generates “Payment received and ship date” email. (So far there are no extra steps and I have actually reduced email correspondences by at least 1 email). The first email the buyer receives from me states “Payment received and your goody will be shipped on xxx.” The product is packed for shipping. The next email correspondence the buyer receives is the Shipping notice. Buyers love the quick communication.

I altered the “Winning Bidder Notification” email just a tad to reflect the need to go through eBay’s checkout to obtain the shipping charge. That email is only sent to the very few buyers that do not use the shipping calculator for submitting payment. Works like a charm. The staff now rarely sends out winning bidder notifications. Quoting and invoicing is a rarity instead of a routine.

Changing my staff’s method & workflow increased our customer service level, decreased the amount of time spent on each invoice, increased the speed in which packages are shipped, decreased email correspondences significantly all translating out to a significant time savings.

You already indicated you offer exceptional customer service. So instead of changing to another software program that would require you to decrease your customer service level and auction management ability, maybe take the time to look at your workflow and methods. That is what I have done and it has worked out very well.

Judy
bluepennylady

Entire thread
Subject  Posted byPosted on
*Shipping c alculator not really integrated?  leeflang04/21/06 11:16 AM
.*Re: Shipping c alculator not really integrated?  dennisk04/26/06 11:08 AM
.*Re: Shipping c alculator not really integrated?  leeflang04/26/06 11:28 AM
.*Re: Shipping c alculator not really integrated?  dennisk04/26/06 10:08 PM
.*Re: Shipping c alculator not really integrated?  leeflang04/27/06 06:59 AM
..Re: Shipping c alculator not really integrated?  bluepennylady04/27/06 01:49 PM
.*Re: Shipping c alculator not really integrated?  Ned04/29/06 08:58 PM
.*Re: Shipping c alculator not really integrated?  bluepennylady04/30/06 05:23 AM
Jump to

www.AuctionWizard2000.com | Contact Us Forums powered by WWWThreads