General
   >> Shipping Labels
Thread views: 44462 Previous threadView all threadsNext threadFlat Mode*

grumpy3b
(stranger )
11/06/05 09:22 PM
Re: Integration with Endicia Postage Printing Soft [re: leeflang]  

Hi Peter...

Wow...sorry I never read your post...what rodgw, myself and others are doing is...we queue labels to print then go to "PRINT SHIPPING LABELS" on the screen that comes up find the EXPORT button...this will allow you to export a CSV with your shipping data. This can then be imported into Endicia/Dazzle using the IMPORT feature from the ADDRESS BOOK portion of Dazzle.

What I was hoping for was for aw2k to output XML to a directory & file that Dazzle can monitor and automatically print labels from the information. To me postage printing is a major bit of overhead and a place ground could be made up if a portion of the process were automated.

Oh, one HUGE gotcha using the Dazzle import feature...one that I recently learned in a very expensive fashion...Dazzle is STOOPID. For international addresses especially, even if the information on the pre-import screen shows the address as appearing correctly it means NOTHING no matter how you have your mappings setup Dazzle could be dropping a portion of the address during the import.

I had a rather animated exchange with Endicia support over this issue as it cost me $200 when an item could not be delivered in Japan and was returned to me. I was flat told that it was my fault and even if the program showed the correct information was being read pre-import (mind you that this is based on the field mappings the user creates to import the addresses) anyway, no matter what that leetle box shows the international addy has a huge chance for being incorrect coming out the other side...

I checked and now I know why my international packages all seem to take forever to arrive...I had assumed the pre-import screen (I check every addy to ensure the data is correct) was showing me how the fields would be imported and assumed that Dazzle was smart enough to just leave international addy's alone and import them as typed...HA...every single international addy that I have imported since the last major update is WRONG...and I am using the exact same field mappings as before...

Anyway, just wanted to pass along that tidbit...

rodg....I have been threatening to write a dll to parse the shipping log for Dazzle and then splat it into the correct aw2k tables...it should not be difficult simply tedious. Adding the aw2k invoice number to each shipping record should do the trick to ID the Dazzle log records and a date range could be passed to the utility to help determine the records to grab...I have not really peeked at the aw2k invoices table to see if that is where the record should be updated or not... and as I said for me, one concern is with the Paradox tables themselves...not sure if we can open them, grab a record and then update the record via ODBC or not...Paradox never used to be a problem but I honestly have never tried it...???? I wish Borland was the Borland of the "before time" when Turbo Pascal was cool and Reflex was new...sigh...old age... ;)

But it has been a really personally hectic year so this sort of project is on my fun things to do list but is waaay down in priority...if I ever do write it I will certainly make it available to anyone who wants it...

If anyone is writing little utilities like this maybe we can have a thread about them? If nothing else it might keep us all out of Thom's hair...hehehehe...except of course when someone foobar's a table or twenty...hehehehe ]8^)

later...

Entire thread
Subject  Posted byPosted on
*Integration with Endicia Postage Printing Software  grumpy3b03/08/04 10:42 PM
.*Re: Integration with Endicia Postage Printing Soft  sharptrade01/13/08 08:47 PM
.*Re: Integration with Endicia Postage Printing Soft  bluepennylady01/13/08 09:12 PM
.*Re: Integration with Endicia Postage Printing Soft  sharptrade01/13/08 09:41 PM
.*Re: Integration with Endicia Postage Printing Soft  bluepennylady01/13/08 10:11 PM
.*Re: Integration with Endicia Postage Printing Soft  Ned04/17/07 04:09 PM
.*Re: Integration with Endicia Postage Printing Soft  bluepennylady04/18/07 04:51 AM
.*Re: Integration with Endicia Postage Printing Soft  scalesusa06/06/07 09:47 AM
.*Re: Integration with Endicia Postage Printing Soft  bluepennylady06/06/07 12:32 PM
.*Re: Integration with Endicia Postage Printing Soft  bluepennylady04/17/07 04:16 PM
.*Re: Integration with Endicia Postage Printing Software  leeflang02/13/05 10:12 AM
.*Re: Integration with Endicia Postage Printing Soft  rodgw02/15/05 07:26 AM
.*Re: Integration with Endicia Postage Printing Soft  leeflang02/15/05 10:44 AM
..Re: Integration with Endicia Postage Printing Soft  grumpy3b11/06/05 09:22 PM
.*Re: Integration with Endicia Postage Printing Soft  leeflang11/07/05 06:37 AM
.*Re: Integration with Endicia Postage Printing Soft  scalesusa01/27/06 08:00 AM
.*Re: Integration with Endicia Postage Printing Software  crazy4sales05/30/04 04:12 PM
Jump to

www.AuctionWizard2000.com | Contact Us Forums powered by WWWThreads