General
   >> Shipping Labels
Thread views: 44758 Previous threadView all threadsNext threadFlat Mode*

bluepennylady
(old hand)
04/18/07 04:51 AM
Re: Integration with Endicia Postage Printing Soft [re: Ned]  

Ned,

I have a Zebra printer and use the Endicia's Dazzle. We use to export the names and addresses via CSV but no longer do that. Instead we copy and paste the names and addresses from the Paypal payment. The name will only go into the name field. The entire address fits into the address field as the address isn't broken into addy, city, state and zip fields. Just one field for all the information.

I get my Endicia labels from gharris800 at eBay. She sells the labels in bundles of 8 rolls. Each roll contains 425- 4 x 6 labels peel and stick labels. Shipping costs is set at $19.99. I paid $33.00 for the last 8 rolls. At Endicia the cost is $13.00 per roll of 250 labels plus shipping.

UPS labels do fit into the Zebra printer. But now UPS prints their name right along the bottom. So you have to cut off the very 1/4 inch of the label before sticking it on a USPS package.

I might mention, the UPS Zebra printer is the exact same printer to use for Endicia. So the printer will work for either shipping service. Labels are identical. When you install the printer for UPS, you go to UPS and download their drivers. When you install Dazzle, you have to go to the Zebra website and download a different driver. Endicia tech support can tell you which one you need as I don't recall off the top of my head and that file is at work.

As far as our workflow. Since packages can only be labeled one at a time anyway, in order to reduce errors, we print labels one at a time. Not in groups which I realize most others send their labels to Queue and print the labels in groups. But anyway, here's our workflow.

Record payment, (we print the payment sheet)
Print packing slip.
Package item(s)
Package sent to shipping desk
Shipping staffer goes to the Invoice, copies and pastes name and addy into Endicia's Dazzle. Dazzle spits out address label, we attach label on package. Package goes into the USPS postal cart and we're done.

Dazzle even tells you which International form to use for the class you are shipping. My staff loves Endicia. If you should happen to not put enough postage on a package, the software allows you the ability to add-on postage.

You can also use "Stealth" postage which in short means the actual postage amount is not printed on the package, except on International. All International packages have the actual postage amount printed on the package.

I hope that helped you a bit. If not, let me know, and I'll try again.

I am glad to see you around again

Judy/blue

Entire thread
Subject  Posted byPosted on
*Integration with Endicia Postage Printing Software  grumpy3b03/08/04 10:42 PM
.*Re: Integration with Endicia Postage Printing Soft  sharptrade01/13/08 08:47 PM
.*Re: Integration with Endicia Postage Printing Soft  bluepennylady01/13/08 09:12 PM
.*Re: Integration with Endicia Postage Printing Soft  sharptrade01/13/08 09:41 PM
.*Re: Integration with Endicia Postage Printing Soft  bluepennylady01/13/08 10:11 PM
.*Re: Integration with Endicia Postage Printing Soft  Ned04/17/07 04:09 PM
..Re: Integration with Endicia Postage Printing Soft  bluepennylady04/18/07 04:51 AM
.*Re: Integration with Endicia Postage Printing Soft  scalesusa06/06/07 09:47 AM
.*Re: Integration with Endicia Postage Printing Soft  bluepennylady06/06/07 12:32 PM
.*Re: Integration with Endicia Postage Printing Soft  bluepennylady04/17/07 04:16 PM
.*Re: Integration with Endicia Postage Printing Software  leeflang02/13/05 10:12 AM
.*Re: Integration with Endicia Postage Printing Soft  rodgw02/15/05 07:26 AM
.*Re: Integration with Endicia Postage Printing Soft  leeflang02/15/05 10:44 AM
.*Re: Integration with Endicia Postage Printing Soft  grumpy3b11/06/05 09:22 PM
.*Re: Integration with Endicia Postage Printing Soft  leeflang11/07/05 06:37 AM
.*Re: Integration with Endicia Postage Printing Soft  scalesusa01/27/06 08:00 AM
.*Re: Integration with Endicia Postage Printing Software  crazy4sales05/30/04 04:12 PM
Jump to

www.AuctionWizard2000.com | Contact Us Forums powered by WWWThreads