General
   >> Shipping Labels
Thread views: 46611 Previous threadView all threadsNext threadFlat Mode*

tictictic_OnEbay
(enthusiast)
10/08/07 10:23 AM
Click-N-Ship to Latvia et al  

Just a head's up on Click-N-Ship for international labels.

I had a buyer in Latvia. Package was lightweight but too large for First Class International, so I had to go with Priority. I checked the online rate calculator and was shown both prices -- paid at the counter (full price) and paid online (discounted). I used the paid-online price to figure the total due because I planned to use Click-N-Ship. Customer paid a few minutes later via Paypal, and I went to Click-N-Ship to purchase and print my label. Got an error saying I would need to pay for the shipping at a post office (no discount). I called and learned there are about 20 countries that are on temporary suspension from Click-N-Ship services (I'm still waiting for an explanation of why paying online versus paying in person somehow changes the threat the USPS feels from foreign strife or corruption or whatever), but they don't tell you that when you are viewing the rates for that country. So here's the list (nowhere to be found at the USPS site, as far as I'm aware): Russia, Ukraine, Nigeria, Kazakhstan, Kyrgyzstan Kampuchea (Cambodia), Kampuchea, Latvia, Turkmenistan, Moldova, Armenia, Belarus, Lithuania, Benin, Serbia-Montenegro, Ghana, and South-West Africa. You will not be able to create a label to any of these countries, with or without postage.

This is a form of bait and switch -- offer a discount to business people, then withdraw it. Dirty pool. I'm sending a written complaint with copies to all the usual suspects.

Sue

Entire thread
Subject  Posted byPosted on
.Click-N-Ship to Latvia et al  tictictic_OnEbay10/08/07 10:23 AM
.*Re: Click-N-Ship to Latvia et al  bluepennylady10/08/07 12:40 PM
.*Re: Click-N-Ship to Latvia et al  AquilaStamps10/08/07 07:08 PM
.*Re: Click-N-Ship to Latvia et al  tictictic_OnEbay10/08/07 04:47 PM
.*Re: Click-N-Ship to Latvia et al  AquilaStamps10/08/07 12:39 PM
.*Re: Click-N-Ship to Latvia et al  tictictic_OnEbay10/08/07 04:31 PM
.*Re: Click-N-Ship to Latvia et al  bluepennylady10/08/07 04:35 PM
.*Re: Click-N-Ship to Latvia et al  tictictic_OnEbay10/08/07 04:53 PM
.*Re: Click-N-Ship to Latvia et al  bluepennylady10/08/07 05:25 PM